chapter 17

The whole car ride was gloomy, ever since getting to know Lei YuChen. Han Siyu never felt any unsettling emotions around him. He was always this silent sweet person who took care of him well. Lei YuChen generally knew how to navigate his life unlike most children from rich families, take himself for example.

He was a rich kid who was used to casual spending and never worried about the price, Lei YuChen on the other hand kept a well balanced lifestyle with strict budget guidelines he learned more than a thing or two from him. 

Lei YuChen wasn't being stingy or anything. He did some extra spending but not enough to spoil himself, the man groomed himself to be a perfectly average middle class citizen.

No one would think he was the son of a rich tycoon the way he blends in so naturally, he even took a part time job while still helping out his father and still finding time to deal with Han Siyu. Han Siyu thinks that Lei YuChen was a diamond. 

But today Lei YuChen was down, he didn't know why? It could be because of work. Lei YuChen wasn't one to express or convey his feelings, which on Han Siyu's part was not good. If they were to be married they must at least establish basic communication.

So after returning to their apartment, Lei YuChen took off his shoe. "What do you want for dinner?" 

"Before that, I want to talk" 

Lei YuChen looked at Han Siyu and his heartbeat quickened. What was he going to say? Did he want to leave after all, no he hoped not. He put his hands behind his back fumbling with them. Han Siyu caught on to this and took it from his back and gently held it.

"No need to be nervous" he said softly smiling at him 

Lei YuChen's heartbeat calmed as he felt Han Siyu hand hold his, his palm was soft and smooth, he was surprised when took him and pushed him on the sofa. Han Siyu quickly went and sat at the edge of his lap in front of him. 

Lei YuChen swallowed slowly and blushed. What was Han Siyu doing? Why was he drawing up closer to him? 

Han Siyu stopped when his face was close enough but was surprised when he saw the flustered expression of Lei YuChen. Han Siyu was mind blown. Why did it feel like he was a lecher trying to rob a maiden of her purity?

He looked down, he hadn't touched down there……. yet.

Why was there such a big reaction out of him? He tilted his head then straightened it back he was about draw closer but Lei YuChen palm stopped him.

"P-please don't" he said stuttering flustered, "don't draw any closer" 

Lei YuChen looked down at his pants, "oh" one of Han Siyu's eyebrow raised. "Oh" after a while it turned into, "Oh my God!" 

Lei YuChen covered his face, lowering his head totally embarrassed, Han Siyu was looking at him in disbelief. What did he just witness? Feeling Lei YuChen hair in his stomach, Han Siyu belly flutters and he couldn't but smile.

He then puts his hand on the back of Lei YuChen's head and brushes his hair, he can't get side track from the real goal….. 

'An elephant could fit through a keyhole in a circus right? Okay, focus! Han Siyu!'

"YuChen, how was your day?" Han Siyu asked smiling 

"........ it was fine" 

"But why did you seem upset" 

"......." 

Lei YuChen didn't realize he seemed upset, he should have worked on it more, he didn't want to ruin his day with his mood.

"YuChen, it's okay not to be okay. Please I'd like us to be more open with each other, like rant off about work. Make small talk you can even make a move from time to time. I want when we're married we're not just lovers but also best friends" Han Siyu said 

Lei YuChen paused and slowly raised his head, "......if so …… could you promise me even if….. this doesn't go as planned…. you'd never go back to Li Qiang" 

Han Siyu held his face sternly look him, "I will never go back to Li Qiang, I promise" 

Lei YuChen looked at him and a small smile carved up at the end of his lips.