chapter 29

Han Siyu and Xin Liqin went somewhere private where they could catch up, after all Xin Liqin was very popular and very private about his almost non-existent social life. In fact for most part of his life is just hanging out with friends and work, Xin Liqin said he wants to date but it feels like he'd be betraying his lover at times. Han Siyu instead of being a reassuring friend and tells him he's not betraying his lover, insteads mocks him and says he should marry the dead man if he thinks of him so greatly about him.

Looking back Han Siyu saw himself as a scummy friend. But now he will have changed.

"Xin Liqin, are you still up for dating?" 

Xin Liqin looks at him, and smiles mischievously. "Sorry Yuyu but I'm main course not side dish" 

Han Siyu blinks, he grins. "Sorry my appetite is only big enough for on serving meal, no space for desserts" 

Xin Liqin and Han Siyu chuckles, Xin Liqin looks at him. "Well, I think you're right, I should stay single. I don't want to be in a relationship and feel like I'll be betraying him".

Han Siyu shook his head, "no, I was wrong. You love him but I'm sure he'll never want to chain you down. He is dead you are alive you have to move forward and progress with your life sometime I'm sure he will understand" 

Xin Liqin nods, he looks at the table almost heart broken but Han Siyu was right his life is going forward he is sure his love will understand. 

"Your really different today Han Siyu" 

"Well we all gotta change some time," Han Siyu smiles.

Xin Liqin smiled, it seems like Han Siyu's boyfriend has had a good effect on him. He can't wait to meet this new boyfriend.

For the rest of the day Xin Liqin and Han Siyu hung out until he had to pick up Lei Mingxia from her work because his brother couldn't make it, so he said his goodbyes and went.

Lei Mingxia was quiet for most part in the car, he didn't know how to start up a conversation. Until Lei Mingxia puts in ear pads, eventually when the music starts to hit he sees her expression softens as she gently sings.

🎶With love to you my darling, wish I could be right next to you🎶

Han Siyu thinks her voice was very angelic and soft, not to mention that songs it's the heart. Really he could not see why people would not love her voice even if she didn't sing much. After finally reaching their destination as Lei Mingxia began pulling her seat belts after removing the ear pads Han Siyu looked at her.

"You sound beautiful, I'm sure aunt would be very proud if she were here" he praises.

Lei Mingxia's body stiffened, out of the many people she could hear it from she couldn't stand it from Han Siyu's mouth. "I wouldn't know that, would I?" She said quietly.

This was the first time Lei Mingxia was softly spoken, so much he couldn't hear her but the look on her face told him that he pressed a button that he should not have with her. 

"Ah, if bringing up your mother hurts yo-" 

"That's not what hurts, I like hearing about my mother but not from the person who destroyed her memento, thanks for the ride" 

Lei Mingxia walks out of the car not saying a word, Han Siyu was confused, memento? What memento, why would he destroy such a thing?

Han Siyu knows that Lei Mingxia never met her mother so why would he destroy her mother's keepsake. 

This was on his mind for hours, he didn't even bother saying anything to her and went home to Lei Yuchen's apartment. 

He was walking around the room in circles, he was nibbling on the thumb. What memento? 

Lei Yuchen, who was a bit tired returning from work, froze when he entered the room to see Han Siyu pacing back and forth. 

"Han Siyu?" 

Han Siyu stops pacing almost immediately then asks, "Yuyu, what memento did I destroy?!" 

Lei Yuchen looks away, did Lei Mingxia say something? He had already explained to her that it was not Han Siyu's fault.

"It's all a misunderstanding" 

"Misunderstanding or not, clearly it's something that Xia Xia care and it was her mother's tell me Yuyu, I can take it" 

Lei Yuchen sighs, "it was around the time nearing your 6th birthday, Xia Xia, for a disc belonging to our mother. On that disc were several songs and me videoing our mother in her last stages of her pregnancy, you know we share the same nickname right?" 

Han Siyu stops him right there as it clicks, he didn't want Lei Yuchen at his sweet 16 but when he was told they were coming he was upset and one day his mom hands him a disc saying it's for him because on the case it said "for dearest Yuyu".

Thinking this was some sappy confession he didn't bother to listen to it and decided to confront Lei Yuchen. Around that time he secretly brought a lighter to school then lit the disc and went to Lei Yuchen with it telling him how much his feelings would not be reciprocated then left with nose in the sky.

He heard later that Lei Yuchen had a panic attack but he only rolled his eyes thinking that he was exaggerating. He never knew that the disc was his mother's memento. 

Lei Yuchen saw that Han Siyu was upset, he didn't want this. He told Lei Mingxia he lost it but sadly he heard from Han Siyu's mouth of what happened to the silly love confession disc. 

Lei Mingxia had cried so much that she never truly got over her favourite disc.