RIDE HOME

Liani walked down the stairs of her house, a red dress on her body, her makeup done and her shoes in her hand. she looked around her living room, shaking her head when her mother wasn't in sight. she sat her phone on her couch, before quickly slipping on her shoes, as she didn't like heels, and then she heard a loud knock on her door.

with a smile on her face, she quickly tied her shoe, grabbing onto her phone and walked to her front door. her smile widened as she opened her door and her best friends face showed.

"juliii!" liani dragged, as juliet wrapped her arms around her, bringing her into a hug.

"are you ready?" juliet pulled away, with a nod, liani stuffed her phone into her bra, and closing her door, before the two of them walked down her driveway, and to the sidewalk.

"was your mom home?" juliet asked, already knowing the answer, she wanted a different one.

"no." it was the simple answer, liani didn't know where her mom was, or when she left.

juliet sighed, nodding her head quickly. through the years she knew liani, and became best friends with her, her disliking for her mother came along with it. but she couldn't help but hope for more for her best friend, but the reality was known, it wasn't going to happen.

liani looked over to her best friend at the sound of her sigh, with a small laugh, she threw her arm around her shoulder, shaking her body a few times and after that the two continued to walk closely together, the rest of the way to the house party the had been invited to.

once they arrived they're smile widened, they opened the door to the party, the smell of alcohol, weeds and sweat all hitting their nose, and the loud noise of music and talking almost immediately giving them a huge headache.

somehow, aside from all of that, they loved partys.

both juliet and liani felt multiple arms thrown over their shoulders, and their body's pulled in every direction. "liani, juli!" they heard their friends shout, smiling.

they smiled back, greeted them with a small side hug and then they split, some of their friends going one direction and some going the other, and liani and juliet followed a few, to the kitchen of the house.

liani was handed a red solo cup by one of her friends, she didn't exactly catch who but she took it with a smile. it was already full, but she waited until juliet had one in her hand as well, before they hit their cups together and then drank it together.

they both shook their heads, a loud groan coming from their mouths. liani began pouring herself and juliet another shot, and as she finished and she sat juliet's cup back in front of her, she turned her head seeing her boyfriend right behind her. with a laugh, she dragged, "romeoooo."

juliet eyed her, confused, before turning around and smiling at the sight of her boyfriend, monty. liani watched as monty smiled at her, grabbing onto her and bringing her into a long, passionate kiss.

lani made a sarcastic cringe face, making juliet and monty laugh, before liani picked up her red solo cup and drank the alcohol inside of it. she sat her cup have down with another groan, before walking over to juliet who was still standing by her boyfriend. she listened as monty told her he would be back, and that he was going to say hi to a few of his friends, and grabbed onto juliet's hand. "well, see you later romeo, me and julis gonna go dance!"

monty laughed at his nickname, before saying bye to the both of them, and watching as juliet was pulled into the crowd of people who were dancing.

lianis arms moved around, as her hips swayed along to the music. juliet laughed loudly at her best friend, she always found is mesmerizing how she danced along to the music at partys, almost every song, even if she was sitting down her head was hopping along to the beat, or her body was moving side to side.