STAYING WITH ME

Ashtray gave liani one of her hoodies, it was big on her and she made sure to tie the strings and pull it up around her neck, that way it could cover the bruise she had there, after she didn't have time to go home and cover it with makeup without being late for school. ashtray had suggested it, anyway, but she told him she would just cover it with his jacket and go home later on.

the walked normally in the halls, not wanting anyone she knew to think something was off with her, but she truly couldn't get her mind off of the night before, and what her mother had did to her.

liani smiled as she watched her best friend, juliet, skip over to her. she felt her place both of her hands on her shoulders the second she reached her, pulling her into a hug. the second they pulled away from each other liani adjusted her hoodie, which didn't go un-noticed by juliet.

juliet's eyes traveled down to her best friends neck, watching as she tightened the already tied strings of the hoodie she was wearing, and then pulling it up so it went higher on her neck. she furrowed her eyebrows, wondering what she was trying to hide, but her mind went to a hickey.

her worried face quickly turned into a cocky one, and she looked back up at lianis face to see her with a small smile. "what?" liani asked, now walking to her first class. juliet shook her head, "are you and ashtray dating yet?"

liani turned her head a little, "no, why?"

"that hickey your hiding." juliet chuckled, pushing her index finger into lianis chest, causing the hoodie to fall off of her neck the slightest bit, although liani didn't notice it.

liani opened her mouth slightly, not wanting juliet to get the wrong idea but also not knowing how to tell her anything different. she knew she could trust her with knowing of what her mom had did to her, but she didn't know if she wanted to juliet to know.

but she didn't even have to tell her, juliet saw the finger prints of a bruise, letting her know it wasn't a hickey. her eyes slowly traveled back up to liani, and the silence she had just made her mind go to the worst. who chocked her? was the only thing in juliet's mind.

she glanced over at everyone near her, before grabbing onto lianis arm and pulling her over to the bathroom. lianis heartbeat increased and she knew juliet knew something.

"what the fuck happened to you?" juliet asked her, forcing the hoodie down her neck, giving her a view of the whole bruise.

liani knew she wasn't mad, but by her tone, anyone else probably would've thought that. liani took a deep breathe, leaning over to see if there was anyone else in the bathroom, before flat out telling juliet what happened.

she cringed at how juliet's face changed, and then feeling her bring her into a tight hug. "i'm so sorry, lani." she whispered into her hair.

liani patted her back reassuringly, "i'm okay." she let her know.

"come to my house. you can stay there for as long and you want." juliet pulled away, immediately feeling the need to know that liani would be okay, even after today.

liani slowly shook her head, "uh, ash is gonna stay with me."

juliet let out a sigh of relief, and tried to shake off the feeling of worry that way liani wouldn't have to feel so down all day. "staying with you, huh?" juliet nudged her, going to stand behind her as she began fixing her hoodie once again.

liani laughed, "nothing going to happen, juliet."

juliet shrugged, "two teenagers left unattended? i don't knowww." she dragged sarcastically.

liani walked in her house with ashtray standing next to her

liani walked in her house with ashtray standing next to her. she was preparing herself to see the mess from last night, and what she'd have to clean up.

ashtray looked around the living room, seeing the broken glass he wondered just how violent their fight was. he wished he had left his house sooner, and got to liani before the fight even happened.

she let out a breath, throwing her arms down where they made a found when they hit her sweatpants, "well," she started, turning over to ashtray. "i'm going to clean this up, you can... i don't know, do whatever."

he squinted his eyes, walking right behind her when she went in the kitchen to grab a mop and whatever else she would need, "i'm gonna help you, fuck you mean?"

she turned back to him, paper towels in her hands. "okay... then, you throw away the cigarette and clean up the ashes over there," she pointed to the table by the couch, "and i'll pick up the glass."

he took a paper towel from her hand, going up to the table and wiping the ashes off the table, before picking up the cigarette butts and throwing them away. he glanced over at liani who was picking up the glass faster than he would like her too, making him worried she was going to end up cutting herself.

"don't be a dumbass, and cut yourself." he told her, walking over to stand over her.

she put her hand up to wave him off, but side eyed him when he kneeled down to clean up the liquid on the floor next to her. she was thankful he was there helping her.

once she got up to throw away the glass pieces, he mopped up the floor, making it not smell like liquor as much as it did before.

liani thanked him, before the two went up to her room, her telling him that she was tired.

he sat on her bed, peeking through her open door as she went into the bathroom, but left the door open. he watched as she pulled his hoodie off of her, leaving her in the shirt she had wore before.

she leaned forward in the mirror, her hand tracing the hand print around her neck once again. he slowly stood, tip toeing over to her and then standing closely behind her.

"ya know, i don't want to meet your mom anymore." he told her, making her laugh.

"you wanted to meet my mom?" she turned to him, folding the hoodie and then pressing it against his chest.

he nodded, taking the hoodie from her hands. she smiled a little, feeling herself get all excited at the fact he thought of things like that.

he leaned down, placing a kiss in her forehead, "i'm tired." he told her afterwards, not noticing how liani got nervous at his action.

"me too." she told him, grabbing his wrist to pull him out of the bathroom after her and over to her room.

AUTHORS NOTES:

guys, random question
what do you guys think of monty from 13rw ???