FOOD

ash
ash
yo liani
you up?
i'm otw to yo crib rn

the girl, who was just awaken by her phone dinging three times, groaned and rolled over to grab her phone. her eyes squinted at the bright screen, and she read the messages, but being half asleep it took her a moment to process them, before she quickly sat up.

ash
liani
what??
no i just woke up
who invited you anyway

ash
myself mf
idm
i'm boutta be there

liani
ashtray seriously
give me like an hr

ash
5 mins away

liani
fuck you

she bit back to smile on her face and she quickly stood to her feet, going over to her closet to change out of the clothes she slept in, and then fixed her bed before jogging to her bathroom to brush her teeth and hair.

luckily, she hadn't heard a knock on the door yet so she rushed down stairs to make sure it was clean enough, and he wouldn't think she was dirty.

as she was making her way back upstairs, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and not even a minute later there was a knock on the door. she turned on her heels, "this mother fucker.." she mumbled, for a second she wondered if he was joking, but that just proved her wrong.

she slung open her door, being met face to face with ashtray who was a bit taller than her so she looked up. she smiled, "lazy ass, just waking up at one in the afternoon?" ashtray joked, stepping inside her house when she moved out of the way.

she rolled her eyes, "yeah well, i didn't really have anything to be up for."

he turned to her after she closed to door and went to stand next to him, and put her arm out. "so, this is my house." she sarcastically said, knowing that he had already seen this part of it.

"nah, yo house is nice." he told her truthfully. he liked how she kept it cleaned, her or her mom, he didn't know.

"thank you." liani smiled, rocking back and forth on her feet as she waited for him to say something they could do. before he did, though, she leaned back to look out her window and saw fezcos car sitting in her driveway. "why is fez just sitting there?"

ashtray looked at her confused, before shaking his head. "i drove here."

she whipped her head around at that, "you have your license?"

he chuckled, "my permit."

a small smile grew on her face, "are you hungry?"

he tilted his head, "kinda, have you ate?"

she gave him a dead panned look, "no, dumbass, i just woke up, remember?"

he rolled his eyes, "i can take you to go get food?"

she smiled, pinching his arm. "let's go." she dragged, following behind him out her front door. they walked closely together until reaching fezcos car, and she settled into the front seat.

her eyes traveled over to him, watching him start the car and begin to drive out of her driveway, "um, your seatbelt?" liani pointed.

he mugged her, "man, shut up. ion need no seatbelt."

she shook her head, before putting on hers as she didn't know how drives. she looked at the road as he drove down her street, making sure he was swerving all over the place of anything like that.

"whatchu want?" he asked her, looking over for a brief second.

"mm." she hummed, thinking. "taco bell?"

he nodded in agreement, turning in the direction of taco bell. it wasn't too far from lianis house, which is the main reason why she said there as she didn't want him to drive far for her.

"so, why'd you come over anyway?" she asked him, leaning her head on her elbow as she looked at him.

he side eyed her, feeling some type of way because of how she was staring at him. he shifted in his seat, "ion know, i was bored, i guess."

she smirked, "mhm, you missed me, ash. dont lie."

he scoffed, "nobody missed your ass."

she pushed her head off of her hand as they arrived at taco bell and he went through the dive through, "you did." she poked his arm.

he looked over at her as he got to the speaker, and she looked forward to see the menu, even though she'd get what she always got. "umm, can i get nacho fries?"

he nodded, "drink?"

"baja blast freeze." she smiled.

he turned back to the speaker to order both his and her order, while she reached for her phone in her back pocket to pull out the twenty dollars she had in her phone case.

once he pulled up to the window, he turned to her and looked down at her hand that was held out towards him with the money in it.

"what?" he asked.

she looked at him like he was stupid, "for my food?"

he shook his head, pushing her hand back over to her. "nah, i gotchu."

she stared for a second, before slowly nodding. "okay.. thank you."

he shrugged her off, basically telling her not to worry about it and the two waited for their food to be handed to them while the radio played lowly.

the window opened and ashtray took their food from the worker, thanking them and handing them the money, before pulling off and heading back to lianis house.

once they arrived, liani held the bag of food in her hand, along with her phone and drink, and walked right next to ashtray up her driveway.

she pushed open the door, walking in first. ashtray followed behind her, shutting the door behind him and then sitting next to her on her couch.

she pulled out the food, setting his right in front of him on her table, and hers in front of her.

"yo, where's ya mom?" he finally asked the question he had been wondered since he and fezco dropped her here.

liani turned to him, "um, i don't know." she shrugged, not going to lie to him.

her answer now made him wonder how the twos relationship was, if her mom was gone all of the time and left liani alone, but liani hadn't ever said anything to him about it, would she? he thought to himself. but, he just responded with a nod as he wasn't going to pry.

"have you watched the sandlot ever?" liani asked, changing the subject.

"couple years ago." he nodded, she stood, grabbing her remote and going to the movie she had been wanting to watch and pressed play.

AUTHORS NOTES:

wink wink
the sandlot
benny

thoughts? opinions??

💋