HANGOUT

pushing the school doors open after telling maddy a happy early birthday, liani swung her arms as she walked, her head low as she already knew the direction of her house.

"hey." she heard a sort of familiar voice call out, causing her to stop and turn around. she watched elliot run up to her, and crossed her arms as she gave him a small welcoming smile. "hi."

"are you about to go home or uh, like with your friends or something?" he asked.

"home." liani nodded.

liani listened as elliot tried to make small talk, making her cringe at how awkward it was. eventually he gave up and invited her to hangout with him, rue and jules later. liani didn't have plans, her and ashtray hadn't spoken since their argument and she still felt awkward around her mom, so she agreed.

the two parted after liani told him she'd be there.

liani ended up texting rue for elliot's address, and after walking almost twenty minutes, she got there

liani ended up texting rue for elliot's address, and after walking almost twenty minutes, she got there. she knocked on the door twice, before waiting patiently for it to open.

she was expecting to be met with elliot, or even rue or jules but instead it was a black haired women. her hair was long, and had on loose sweatpants and a crop top. she raised her eyebrows at liani, stepping aside for her to walk in the house and pointed down the hallway to a room which was elliot's. liani thanked her with a smile, and ran into rue while making her way to elliot's room.

"oh shit- oh, lani, hi." rue smiled, wrapped her arm around the younger girl as they both now walked to elliot's room.

rue opened the door, and elliot and jules sat up to look at the two standing in the door way. "liani, you made it!" jules smiled.

liani returned the smile, nodding her head as she waved at elliot. "who's that girl in there?" she asked, pointing back to the living room.

"my cousin." he answered.

liani nodded, "she's really pretty."

jules furrowed her eyebrows at her tone change at 'really.' "are you.. gay?"

liani laughed, "no, not really."

"not really or no?" elliot questioned.

liani shrugged, "i'm not gay, but i would say i am if your cousin asked." she laughed.

eventually elliot left for the bathroom, while the loud music played, juliet dated due to kiss elliot for ten seconds. and the second he began walking back into the room, she grabbed his face and kissed him, but not for ten seconds.

"that was not ten seconds." jules pointed.

"was that a dare?" elliot looked at the three.

"maybe." jules smiled.

liani sat next to jules, watching as elliot leaned over to whisper something to rue before she nodded and elliot told jules to "start the clock."

liani raised her eyes, watching the two start to make out as jules counted to ten seconds. she believed she was right, she still thought elliot had a crush on rue.