Chapter 3- Saturday

It was only after the meeting at Mclaren that Lando realised that he did not know where to find Ezra to take him for drinks to make up for what happened earlier. He made his way to where he bumped into Ezra, hoping that the other male was there. As he was walking, he heard a voice shout out his name.
'Lando'
Lando turned around to find Ezra standing behind him.
'Ezra, are you ready for those drinks I promised'
'Yeah, but you were hard to find, I was going to wait near the Mclaren garage for you, but by the time I got there, you had left'
'Sorry about that, the meeting finished earlier than expected and then I didn't know where to find you as we hadn't arranged a meeting place so I just made my way over here hoping that you would show up and I'm thankful that you did and, and, and'
'Your rambling again'
'Oops, sorry.'

Ezra laughed at the behavior of the other male.

'Let's go for those drinks then, shall we'
'Yes, I know the perfect place to go'

They both set off out of the paddock side by side, and Lando got a taxi to take them to one of the local bars. When they got there,here Lando went up and ordered the drinks. He came back with a beer for each of them.

'So Ezra erm, how old are you'
'Oh, I'm 22'
'Huh, I'm 24'
'Neat, so are you as good as everyone says'
'Well, it depends'
'On what'
'Erm, are you an f1 fan'
'Sort of, I love watching it, the sound of the engines and all that'
'Yes, they're something else, but some of the older engines sounded a better. Anyway, me being good can depend on the track'
'How'
'Sometimes the car is suited to different tracks, and sometimes the driver just loves a particular track'
'So if this adds up to you could be a beast at a certain track'
'Exactly, you get it'

They sat in silence for a bit just sipping their drinks. There was a good atmosphere around the bar and thankfully nobody bothered the two men.

'Sorry Ezra but I have to go now, I have the race tomorrow morning, and I need to rest and not get drunk the night before, that would not go down well with the team'
'That's fine Lando, I completely understand, but I'm sure that I have heard a story about Lewis, Sebastian, Sergio and Daniel going out and getting drunk the night before a race'
'Oh yes I forgot about that one, it's happened more than once, both times they finished first, second, third and fourth'
'How did they do it'
'I have no idea, but Zac wasn't very happy when Daniel turned up drunk in 2022 but he soon forgot about it when he got 3rd in the race'
'Cool, anyway good luck for tomorrow'
'See you Ezra'

Lando and Ezra left the bar, both going their separate ways back to the hotel.