Chapter 15- Sunday

Lando got woken up by the sound of his alarm the next day, he sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes wondering why on earth his alarm was going off that early in the morning. He soon remembered that he was due to be having breakfast with Ezra soon though. Looking at the clock, Lando realised that there was only half an hour to get ready and meet Ezra at the diner that they had arranged to meet at. There was no time for a shower so Lando just sprayed on some deodorant and got changed into the clothes that Alex had picked out for him the previous day.
It was a nice day out so Lando walked to the diner getting there just on time, he made his way inside and sat down at a table. A few moments later, Ezra also walked through the door, waved at Lando then went and joined him at the table.

'Morning Lando'
'Good morning, you know I woke up and wondered why my alarm was going off so early, I nearly threw it across the room'
'Oh same, then I realised that I was coming down to breakfast with you'
'What do you want'
'Erm I'll have some waffles I think, what about you'
'Just some fruit and toast for me, I have to make sure that I'm the correct weight for racing later'
'Oh yeah, I nearly forgot about that'

Lando went up and ordered the food for the both of them and a few moments later he was walking back to the table with food in hand

'Tuck in'
'Mmm, this looks so good'
'Let's hope it tastes as good as it looks then eh'
'Yeah'

They spent a few moments in silence whilst they ate the food on the plates. When they had both finished Ezra leaned back on his chair looking very content.

'That was some of the best food I have ever eaten'
'It looked very good as well, but my food was also really good as well'
'That's good then'
'Indeed'
'Lando, can I ask you a question'
'Go ahead'
'Remember when you said that Lewis, Seb, Daniel and Checo turned up to a race hungover'
'Yes'
'Well I was wondering if I could hear the whole story'
'Okay, buckle up then, you are in for a treat of a story'
'I'm ready'
'So this was in 2022, Lewis, Seb and Danny weren't having a particularly great year, and Checo had had a terrible qualifying session, so apparently they met up at Lewis's hotel room and decided to go out drinking that night despite the fact they had a race the next day, obviously bare in mind that it wasn't the first time that this had happened'
'Wait, it had happened before'
'Yes so there are at least 5 other times that I have heard of'
'That you've heard of'
'Yeah, the other day I found out that they did it last season so goodness knows how many other races it's happened at'
'Right, gees carry on then'
'So they went out and got pretty drunk and instead of going back to their original hotel rooms, they came and knocked on the door to my hotel room'
'Did you open it for them'
'Yeah, I was also hanging out with George, Alex, Charles and Max as well so they were in my hotel room as well'
'So pretty much all of their teammates'
'Yep, so we all got woken up by the knocking on the door and I went over to open it and found four very drunk f1 drivers at the door, I called to the others in the room and they all came into the doorway and to say that they were all shocked is pretty much an understatement'
'I'll bet'
'Basically, they all came out and helped them into Danny's room which was next door to mine'
'Do you think that they got mixed up with the doors in their drunken state'
'I think so, anyway we just got them into Danny's room and they all basically fell asleep on the bed instantly'
'Together, all on the same bed'
'Yeah, we decided to save asking them questions till morning, so we all went back to sleep and in the morning went over to Danny's room and got them all up, they got dressed and we met them for breakfast in the hotel restaurant'
'What did they have to say for themselves'
'All they said was they'll be fine as its not the first time that they had done it, we asked them how many times and they said that they had lost count and they'd tell us about some after the race, obviously we didn't expect Seb and Lewis to go out and do this, we told them as much and Lewis said that you'd be surprised at some of the things Seb does that you don't know about'
'What did he mean by that'
'I have no idea and still haven't found out to this day'
'So what happened when they got to the paddock'
'Nothing really happened as they covered up that they were hungover really well, they drove in the race and Lewis won followed by Seb, Danny and Checo'
'Wow, they won whilst drunk'
'Surprisingly, but when we expressed our surprise, they said that for some reason they seem to race better whilst hungover and that every race they have raced whilst hungover three of them had ended up on the podium and the other finished fourth'
'That is some record'
'I know'
'So, how did Zac find out'
'I think that he overheard Danny talking to someone and he gave him a telling off, thankfully it never made it to the media, well none of their Saturday drinking adventures have'
'That's good'
'Yeah, it's basically the best kept secret in f1, it's so secret that not all of the drivers know about it'
'Wow, that is one story'
'Yeah, unfortunately that has taken up all of my time, the team want me at the track soon'
'Same, so erm let's go to the track then'
'Sure'

They left the diner and made their way to the track together before going their separate ways to the teams hospitality units.