Chapter 14- Saturday

Considering Lando had had a massive panic attack before the session, qualifying went rather well for him. He managed to get p2 behind the Red Bull of Max. Lewis qualified p3, Oscar p4, Charles p5, George p6, Carlos p7 and Checo p8. It was tough as 8 cars were fighting for pole but that made the races exciting. However, Mercedes and Red Bull had made a slow start to the season so were out of contention in both Championships.

When Lando was doing his interviews he caught sight of Ezra stood over to the side looking over towards him. He made up his mind to go over and speak to him of he was still there when his interviews had been concluded. Thankfully he was and Lando went up to him.

'Hey Ezra'
'Lando, well done on p2 mate'
'Yeah'
'I mean you could've got p2 but that Red Bull was rapid fire today'
'Yep, erm do you want to come for breakfast with me tomorrow morning if your not busy of course i mean you don't have to, I'm not forcing you or anything it's entirely up to you but-'
'Erm Lando'
'Yeah'
'I'd love to come out to breakfast with you'
'Oh right'
'So where are we going'
'There's a neat little diner near here'
'Oh yeah, I think I know where your on about'
'Well how about we go there'
'I can do that, but what time'
'Let's say seven thirty'
'Right that's reasonable, so see you there then'
'Yeah, see you there'

Ezra moved off to go and talk with Mattia Binotto, presumably about strategy for the race the next day.

'You look so obvious'
'Huh'
'Lando you look so in love with him'
'Is it that obvious Alex'
'Yep, so what's going on then'
'Er, nothing'
'Come on, something must have gone on for you to look like that'
'Well, he accepted my invitation to breakfast tomorrow, but thats it'
'I'm happy for you Lando'
'Thanks Alex'
'Now I'm going to leave you to figure out what you are going to wear'
'Oh shit I completely forgot about that, what should I wear Alex'
'Okay, calm down you have plenty of time to decide'
'Can you come and help me choose'
'Certainly, I have nothing left to do today, so lead the way'

Lando and Alex made their way over to Lando's hotel room which was just as messy as it had been when Ezra came round the day before.

'Okay Lando let's see what you have'
'Well it's all on display for you to see'

Alex bent down and began sifting through the pile of clothes on the floor of the hotel room before straightening up and holding some items of clothing from said pile.

'Right I think that you should wear these sandy-coloured jeans with the pastel blue jumper and white shoes'
'Okay thanks, Alex'
'No problem, now make sure you have a good time with him tomorrow morning then'
'I will'
'See you later Lando'
'See you later Alex'

Alex left the room and went back to his hotel leaving Lando to wait in anticipation for the next day to come. The day had finished a lot better than it was midday for Lando and he was feeling a lot better than he was earlier.