Chapter 23- Sunday

Ezra was coming out of his hotel room ready for the dinner. He was wearing white jeans that cut off just above the ankles, a loose fitting long-sleeved red shirt and plain  white pumps. Charles came out the room down the corridor and made his way over to where his brother was standing.

'You look stunning'
'Thanks Charles, you don't look half bad yourself'
'It looks like your going out on a date'
'Well you know me'
'Hmm, so how are you finding it in the world of motorsport'
'I'm enjoying it, I mean I always knew that I wanted a job in the motorsport world, I just didn't know what sector I'd work in'
'Yeah, how are you settling in, everyone being good to you'
'Yeah, I couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to be honest, they've made me feel right at home'
'That's good, and the other drivers, i mean I know that you've already meant some but'
'They're all really nice as well and have made me feel welcome despite the fact I'm not a driver myself'
'You were good enough to make it as a driver you know'
'I suppose but I'd be stuck in the shadows of you and Arthur, and we'd keep being compared to eachother'
'Yeah, I understand what your saying, now where is Carlos, we're gonna be late otherwise'

Charles went off down the corridor and hammered on Carlos's door.

'Carlos hurry up in there, we're going to be late'

There was a muffled reply and a couple of seconds later, the door opened and Carlos stepped out.

CL- Right, let's get going then

They all made there way down to the foyer where there was a taxi waiting outside. They got into the taxi an it took them to the place that was booked for the meal. When the taxi pulled up outside, they got out and made there way inside the restaurant.

CL- Sorry we're late, Carlos took forever to change
SV- That's no problem
LH- Your not late anyway
CS- How
DR- What Lewis means to say is, you are late
LS- But your not the last ones to arrive
EZRA- Who's not here yet
CP- Erm I believe that we're waiting on Haas and Alpha Tauri
EO- Yeah, cause Mick isn't here yet
PG- Neithers Yuki
CL- Have all the teammates come together
GR- Pretty much
NV- Sorry we're late
KM- No your not
MS- We are
AA- How come your so late
YT- Nyck and Mick took forever in getting changed
NV- Yeah, that's totally what happened
MS- Also, we went getting Logan, I hope you don't mind Seb
SV- Not at all, well all that matters is that your here now so take a seat
LH- And hello Logan, there was an extra seat anyways

The remaining drivers all took a seat around the table with Logan taking the one next to Oscar and the other four just going in any of the other available places.
Everything went smoothly and the dinner allowed the drivers to talk to other drivers that they don't normally talk to. Lando had struck up a conversation with Zhou. Mick was talking to Yuki and Esteban was talking with George and Kevin. The only one who didn't talk very much was Logan, who only had quiet conversations with Oscar, Nyck and Mick, this didn't go unnoticed by Lewis either. At the end of the night, Lewis managed to catch Nyck before he left the restaurant.

'Nyck'
'Oh Lewis, do you want anything'
'Yeah, was Logan alright, cause I just noticed that he didn't seem to talk very much'
'To be honest, it's just that Logan is a bit shy so he doesn't interact with people that he doesn't know very much'
'Okay, I'm just making sure'
'Yeah, I understand'
'So, how's it going at Alpha Tauri'
'Fine you know'
'That's good, so see you later then'
'Yeah, bye Lewis'

Lewis watched as Nyck walked off and joined up with Mick, Logan and Oscar. Seb came over and touched Lewis on the shoulder before they both went off together.