Chapter 7- Monday

When Lando had gotten back to his hotel room, he took Lewis's advise by ordering some tea. He also found that he had several messages from Oscar that he decided that he had better answer.

Oscar: Lando
Oscar: Where r u
Oscar: Hello
Oscar: R u ignoring me
Oscar: If u r then pls tell me what I did wrong
Oscar: R u OK
Oscar: U sort of disappeared after ur win
Oscar: Well I hope that ur just out enjoying yourself
Oscar: Pls answer when u read these messages
Oscar: I'm worried about u
Lando: Sorry for worrying u Oscar
Lando: I went out for drinks with a friend and got very drunk
Lando: Then I went out for breakfast with Lewis and only just really looked at my phone
Oscar: Oh thank god ur OK
Oscar: R u coming to the celebration dinner 2nite
Lando: I can't miss my own celebration dinner, can I
Oscar: So that's a yes then
Lando: Yes
Oscar: Did u have a good time last night then
Lando: Yep, it was epic
Oscar: Want to come round and play GTA with me
Lando: Sure, just be warned I have a massive hangover
Oscar: Kk, c u in a bit

Lando decided that the clothes he had on would suffice for going hanging out with Oscar. He felt happy that Oscar had felt so worried about him. In contrast to what everyone was saying, him and Oscar had a good relationship despite fighting for the race wins and stuff. In fact he would almost say that his relationship with Oscar is better than the one he had with Carlos. So Lando went down the corridor to meet up with Oscar.

'Hey'
'Lando, no offence mate but you look dreadful'
'Well i feel as bad as I look'
'Come in, I've set the PlayStation up'
'I just want to say, thanks for worrying about me, eventhough there was no need this time, I just feel glad to know that you care about me and will be there if I need you'
'Oh mate, I'll always be here if you need to talk to me and I'm sure that Lewis and everyone else is there for you as well, plus I'm sure that you would do the same for me'
'I would, so I'm here if you need to talk to me about anything'
'That's good'
'It's just I've never really felt that any of my other friends have been this worried about me, your the only one who has sent me about five thousand messages when you feel that your worried about me'
'And I'll keep doing it'
'I appreciate it cause if you feel like I'm not being myself then just persist and hopefully I will tell you what's wrong cause others I probably won't tell anybody'
'I'm glad that you told me about this'

Oscar leaned over and pulled Lando into a hug, they stayed there for a few minutes before Oscar pulled away again.

'Come on, let's play'
'Your on'

Authors Notes

So I felt like it was important to write this chapter to just send a message to people that it's okay to talk about your mental health and if you feel like your friend is suffering, just make sure that they know that they can talk to you about it.