Chapter 4- Sunday

The next day, Lando was starting the race from 8th after qualifying third and taking a five place grid penalty for changing one of the engine parts that exceeded the max limit for the season. It was unfortunate as the ferraris were starting first and second with Oscar in 5th after getting his lap ruined by yellow flags. The track was tricky to overtake at, just to add to Lando and Mclarens woes so Lando was saying his prayers before the race hoping to get a good start.

The prayers Lando said, seemed to have worked as he made up four places at the start with only Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes in-between him and the first Ferrari, which was Carlos. Oscar was also directly behind Lando as well. It took a few laps for both Mclarens to pass Lewis bit thankfully he had kept pace with the two Ferraris.
The race was eventful, with Carlos and Oscar having to retire due to mechanical issues. On the penultimate lap, Lando finally managed to pass Charles to win the race. So Lando came first, Charles second and Lewis first. Lando was ecstatic with the win and on the podium he spotted Ezra in the crowd looking on.
After all the champagne had been sprayed and the interviews had been done, Lando made his way off the podium in company with Lewis as Charles had already gotten dragged away by his PR manager. When they went behind the screens, out of view of the cameras, Lando heard his name being said.

'Lando'
LN- Oh hello Ezra
LH- Who's this Lando
LN- Lewis meet Ezra, Ezra meet Lewis Hamilton
'Nice to meet you Lewis, congrats on your third place'
LH- Thanks, nice to meet you too, Ezra
'Anyway, congrats to you on your win Lando, it was a thrilling race'
LN- At least you enjoyed it then
'Erm, do you want to come for proper drinks with me later as you don't have a race tomorrow'
LN- I'd love too Ezra
'Right, see you at the bar we went to yesterday at, let's say 6'
LN- That works for me, see you then

Ezra left the area leaving Lewis and Lando by themselves again

'So Lando, he seems like a nice guy'
'Yeah, he is'
'When did you meet him'
'Yesterday actually, I erm sort of ran into him'
'Oof man, not the best way to be introduced to someone'
'No its not, but I got drinks with him out of it'
'How come'
'Oh I offered to take him out for drinks to make up for running into him'
'Are you sure you didn't do it on purpose then'
'Erm well'

They both laughed and then their PR managers both arrived and whisked them off for more interviews.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎
RW15:

》1st- Lando- 25
》2nd- Charles- 18
》3rd- Lewis- 15
》4th- Checo- 12
》5th- George- 10
》6th- Max- 8
》7th- Nyck- 6
》8th- Mick- 4
》9th- Alex- 2
》10th- Danny- 1