First day at the palace

"Y-your highness... I am sorry if I have offended you in any way." Pete replied while shaking in fear. "You have... By marrying me... And I will make you feel the pain every single day for the torture that I am receiving because I married you...." Ae snarled.

His voice made Pete flinch and he was scared thinking what had he done wrong that had got Ae so furious. "Your highness... Please accept my apologies.... Nothing of this was intended by me to hurt you..." Pete tried to explain.

"I don't care... If you love your life, get out of this chamber right now before I slay your head off." Ae threatened. Pete immediately scrambled to his feet, eyes shooting wide in horror. He didn't knew what to do but he was sure that if he stayed inside the chamber, he would surely lose his life.

"GET OUT!" Ae yelled and Pete immediately rushed out for his precious life. He felt his eyes being filled with tears as he ran through the doorway with heavy heart. This was supposed to be his wedding night but right now, he was running for his life all scared and worried.

He was in so much haste that he didn't notice the person coming from other side and stumbled into her, falling on the ground. "I am sorry..." Pete apologized as he tried to get on his feet and exit the place as soon as possible.

"Pete?? Love?? What's the matter?" a female voice asked all concerned and Pete was startled. He quickly wiped off his tears an composed himself as he replied in a polite tone. "Nothing... I was just going outside to enjoy the night view. I love watching stars." He lied as he didn't want the woman to know the truth.

"Even though you don't say it, I can see it in your eyes. Ae shouted at you. Isn't it?" she asked in a gentle tone. Pete looked down at his feet biting his lips as he tried to cover up what has happened.

"Pete, you don't have to explain because I know what is happening. I heard it and I was coming for you. You don't need to sleep in the same chamber as him. I have already got you another chamber ready and this will be all yours. Come, I'll show you around." She said while gently holding Pete's hand and pulling him along.

Pete followed her like an obedient child as she passed various doorways and finally stopped in front of a huge mahogany door. The guards bowed to her and opened the door. She stepped in soon followed by Pete.

"This is your very own chamber. I have already got everything ready. Please get fresh and take some rest. I'll send the maids for help." The woman informed as she turned around to leave but Pete caught her hand holding her back.

"If you knew he didn't like me, why did you even marry him to me? Don't you think it was better if he was allowed to marry the person of his choice?" Pete asked with eyes filled with tears. "Pete, even though Ae looks matured he is still a child. If you are considering the facts on the basis of masculinity, I agree that he is perfect but in terms of decision making and sound thinking, he is still a child. I want someone more mature to show him that whatever he thinks is right is not always what he thinks it to be. He needs to be shown that his decisions are not the right ones and there couldn't be anyone better than you." The empress said.

"How can you be so sure?" Pete asked all startled. "Because, when we had come to the palace for visit, we have already seen you. And the way each and every person inside as well as outside the palace treated you, we were more than sure that you are the right one for Ae. And mark my words, one day, Ae himself will come for you and beg on his knees." The empress assured.

Pete didn't know what else to say. He wanted to protest and even blame the emperor and his wife for ruining his life but then he asked himself, was it their decision alone?? Because, Pete too had fallen for Ae when he had seen him.

"Take rest my dear. I'll have the maids sent here." The empress assured as she walked out of the chamber. Pete sat down on bed while looking at the place and it looked quite cozy and comfortable. But he missed the warmth of his bed back at palace because, at the end of the day, he always knew that the next day was going to be beautiful. But right now, he didn't even know what will happen tomorrow. The uncertainty hanging in air.