Enough

Pete was out with the maids playing with the cat who was having all his attention. She would lie down on her back asking for tummy rubs before flipping and rushing towards Pete asking for cuddles. Pete fed her food which he had brought along and the little creature was eager to finish it off.

"She seems to like you." The familiar voice coming from behind made Pete smile and he turned around to face the person. "Well, recently I have been having lot of time since you had put everything else to halt so I spend my time with her. That's why she became too close." Pete explained.

"I am sorry for that but you know that it's for your safety." Zee replied. "I know... It's just that I feel bored." Pete replied. "I know... I can understand... I was here to ask if you would prefer travelling to meet your parents. The empress wants to know. I will arrange for everything if you are leaving." Zee spoke.

"Sounds like a good idea but I don't think that it would be right thing to do. Since there is someone already out there and we don't actually know what is the motive behind these happenings, we need to be careful. Also, if I leave for home, it will turn out to be a good opportunity for them to attack. And there would be chaos and we can't even imagine how many lives they would take." Pete replied.

"Alright your highness... As you wish. Let me know if you need anything." Zee replied. "Sure..." Pete replied and then moved to leave. Pete had taken a step forward when his foot got tangled with his robe and he tripped over losing his balance. He yelped when he found himself falling but Zee was quick to hold him. Pete landed in Zee arms with eyes closed and breathing heavily, his face looking scared.

He opened his eyes when he felt two arms wrapped around him. He blinked few times seeing Zee's face so close to him. "Are you alright?" Zee tried to confirm. "Y-Yes..." Pete stuttered while replying. For a moment, Zee got the opportunity to look closely at that beautiful face. Was it true or was he dreaming??

Pete's face was flawless, skin porcelain white, smooth and soft to touch, lips, red like rose petals but were they that soft too?? Eyes, beautiful, as if ocean, where one would like to get drowned. A beauty to be treasured and kept safe.

*clap clap clap*

"Wow!! So, the prince has now fallen in love with the knight... Deceiving his own husband..." that accusation made Pete to scramble to his feet immediately and look at the owner of the voice. "Deceiving?? Did I hear it?? I should be the one accusing you since you have been doing it since the day one. You were the one who asked me to leave the room on the first night telling me how disgusted you are with my presence. You were the one who was found making out with the other woman, a concubine. You are the one who flogged me just because another woman told you that I have degraded her. You consider a concubine to be holding a higher position than your husband. And now you are accusing me of cheating?? Well, if you are so much disgusted with my presence, I'll make sure that you won't have to see my face ever again. Sir Zee, please arrange for my departure, I am leaving today itself to meet my parents. And as soon as possible." Pete declared.

Those words made everyone present gasp, feeling goose bumps rising on their body. Pete has never been someone to take decisions abruptly and without thinking and he had never shown anger ever but now, he looked different, someone whom they cannot identify as the person they have known. "Your highness... Please think over..." Zee tried to convince. "No more discussion. I don't want to live with the person who can't even respect his own husband. I had enough till date and this is my decision to leave this place and this person right here. Prepare everything. I will talk to her majesty." Pete ordered.

With that said Pete stormed out of the place heading in the direction of the chamber of the emperor. The guards outside announced his arrival and the empress soon appeared to greet him. "My dear, what brings you here?" she asked in a sweet tone. "I am sorry to inform you this on a short note but I am leaving to meet my parents today itself." Pete stated.