Arrival of brother

It was past midnight and Ae was still roaming outside the palace trying to find a way to see Pete. Expecting the guards on the duty to have changed, Ae took the chance of going to see Pete. When he arrived outside the chamber, the guards immediately blocked Ae.

"Her majesty have ordered not to allow you closer to the chamber." One of the guard informed. "But I have already talked to her majesty." Ae tried to convince. "Her majesty is still inside Prince's chamber since the surgeon is back with fresh medicines." The guards informed. Ae felt defeated when he understood that his plan had not worked. He walked out knowing that the guards will not allow him to enter the place.

Inside the chamber, the maids were rushing in and out bringing hot water and everything else necessary for the treatment. Zee too was trying his best to help in each way possible. The surgeon managed to remove the arrows from Pete's back and was examining to check if there was any piece left behind.

All this while, the empress was sitting next to Pete holding his hands. Every time Pete felt pain, he would scream out loud and his body would get tensed, the sound of screaming would resonate through the walls making everyone feel the same pain.

After what felt like hours of torture, the surgeon finally managed to clean the wounds and apply medicine. He bandaged the wounds while giving Pete medicine that would keep him sedated.

"Your majesty, I will come in morning again to check. If he wakes up, please give him this medicine." The surgeon said while handing over the apothecary jar. Hom stepped forward and took the jar in her hand holding it securely close.

"I will take your leave. Please watch over the prince since the danger isn't over yet." The surgeon said. "Sir Amonrat, thank you for coming. We will always be grateful to you." The empress spoke. "Your majesty, it's a pleasure to serve at the palace. But what is more important is for you to know that someone among the concubine is plotting against the royals." The surgeon informed.

It made everyone gasped. "Sir Amonrat, can you tell us more?" the empress requested. "Someone in a black cloak is seen roaming close to the castle where the concubines live. Many a times, he is seen talking to one of the concubine. One of the person heard them and reported it to me but before he could get any further details, he was killed." The surgeon informed.

"Oh my goodness!!" the empress exclaimed. "Wait!! Was that the same person whom we found on the banks of the river?" Zee asked. "Unfortunately, yes... He was out to get more details about the people when he got attacked and killed. But I am sure, he would have left a clue behind for us. We just need to look for it." The surgeon said.

"He was holding a ring in his palm when we found him." Zee informed. "Then, that's the clue. Find the person." The surgeon replied. "Sir Amonrat, we are really grateful to you for your help. As for this information, we will keep it secret for your safety." The empress assured.

Ae was getting more and more restless when he was not allowed to see Pete. He didn't know what was happening inside the chamber. After what felt like hours, he finally saw the surgeon leaving the palace.

He rushed towards him to inquire about Pete. "Sir Amonrat!!" Ae called. "The crown prince.... He is fine... Sedated... And sleeping.... People are watching over him so you don't need to worry." The surgeon assured. "How... How did you know what I wanted to ask?" Ae asked surprised.

"Pacing outside restlessly when everyone is expecting you to sleep. Just the beginning..... You are going to have many sleepless nights to dissect your feelings. My only advice..... Listen to your heart and not to others." The surgeon replied before he began to walk again. Ae knew well not to ask any questions. Sir Amonrat had been the wise one and always someone who knew everything. His words never failed. It was as if he could see the future and predict it accurately.