Reunited

Ae took the scroll, opening it and then moved to read what was written, as he continued to read, his face had myriad expressions. The empress looked at her son watching each of his expression closely. Ae was left in disbelief after having gone through what was written and he just wanted to confirm that he wasn't dreaming. He read the scroll again only to realize that his mother had actually tricked him.

"Mae... This..." Ae said while showing the scroll. "I know... I was just testing you to make sure that you really want Pete back or not. But I can see the sincerity in your words and feelings. I have forgiven you my son. Please go and bring him back." The empress said.

Ae's eyes were filled with tears after listening to those words. He couldn't believe that his mother had forgiven him. "Thank you mae... Thank you so much... And I am really sorry for all my mistakes. I promise to never repeat them again." Ae said while crying.

"Thank you my son for improving yourself. I am glad that you are becoming a better person." The empress said while hugging her son and trying to calm him down. "Thank you mae..." Ae repeated while letting his emotions out. He had been trying his best and finally, he was able to prove himself.

"It's time my son. Go and bring him back. He is waiting for you." The mother said in a gentle tone. "Mae, can I ask for a favor?" Ae questioned. "Sure dear..." the empress replied. "Can we arrange a small party and a ball? I want to make Pete feel special and loved and most importantly I want him to have all the happiness that he had missed. I want everyone to know that I love him." Ae said.

"I will take care of it. Do you want anything else?" she questioned. "No... This is enough. I want to make arrangements for the departure." Ae informed. "You just get ready, I will have the arrangements made." The mother replied.

"Thank you mae. I'll hurry up." Ae said as he quickly rushed out heading towards his chamber. All he wanted to do right now was to look presentable and more importantly charming to get attention of his husband. He had no idea what he was going to do when he meet Pete but he was sure that he was going to bring him back with a smiling face.

Other kingdom:

It had been days that Zee had left with the scroll and Pete was wondering whether the news was delivered to the empress or not. He sighed while throwing the stone into the pond as he sat at the edge staring into it. "Your highness... You are looking sad today? Did anyone hurt you?" one of the maids inquired. "Umm... No... I just feel low. I will return back to the palace." Pete said getting up and dusting his clothes.

He turned around heading back to the palace. On the way, he was greeted by the villagers and he responded to them politely. When he arrived at palace, he headed straight to his chamber while frowning all the way. One of the maid tried to talk to him but he ignored and just left. She understood that he was not in mood to speak and didn't try to persuade him.

Pete reached his chamber and moved towards the window, sitting down on the couch placed in front of it with a still frowning face. There was nothing that could brighten up his mood since he had been waiting for some response from the other side which he didn't receive. Sighing again, he leaned his head against the couch and began to stare out.

"You always make me wait and I hate you for that." Pete muttered but not in a low tone and it was almost audible and that was exactly heard by the person who had just entered his chamber. "I am sorry for doing that but I tried to reach as soon as possible." The person replied.

Pete heard that familiar voice and his heart began to beat like crazy. Was this a dream or was he really there? Pete left the couch immediately scrambling to his feet and turning around to look at the person who was standing behind him. There he was looking stunning with a bright smile plastered over his face.