Attack

The empress ordered Zee to arrange for everything and to send a letter to Pete's parents about his arrival. She knew that Pete was not going to listen to anyone. Pete was heart broken and also on the verge of going into depression. He had been suffering and bearing a lot, this was the last string that was pulled by Ae which made him question everything and everyone.

After talking to the empress Pete left her chamber but instead of returning back to his own chamber, he went out. He was walking through the garden trying to erase everything that Ae spoke but no matter how much he tried, he couldn't.

He didn't even come to know where he was headed to with his thoughts on haywire. He was walking down the path heading to the main gate when he stumbled into someone. "Are you blind?" A woman yelled. "I am sorry..." Pete apologised before patting his clothes to get rid of the dust.

"Sorry?? Is that all? You dirtied my clothes!!" She accused. "Mine are dirtied too... And I didn't do it on purpose." Pete replied. "Don't pay attention to him. Someone as low and dirty as him won't understand the meaning of being clean." Ae interrupted.

"Well, for the clean person like you, you may as well take her to get cleaned or clean her clothes yourself." Pete shot back. "Nice... But you can't fool me. I am watching you and remember, I will catch you red handed with that person. And ones done, I will be the one to execute you in public." Ae warned.

"I don't know what you are talking about but you surely need some treatment since your brain doesn't work properly. You are either day dreaming or else, you have been possessed." Pete snapped.

"Being nice to the royals and planning to kill them behind their back. You think I don't know? I know well Pete... Just wait till I get the evidence and catch you red handed. You will not be seen after that." Ae threatened.

"Sure... Go ahead." Pete replied. "Wait for today and tomorrow, you would not be seen in the palace." Ae challenged. "Well, that's true. I won't be here from tomorrow." Pete replied calmly this time.

Ae was a little stunned hearing those words but didn't understood the meaning behind it. "Even if you change your mind and come to me asking for forgiveness, I will never forgive you." Ae replied. "I will never come after you." Pete said turning arund and heading back to the palace.

Ae turned around wrapping his arm around the waist of the concubine heading towards the castle. Pete was pissed beyond limits and wanted to leave today itself. He had enough of those mean words. He was about to enter the palace when he saw someone on the watch tower.

He looked carefully and then found someone cloaked in black holding three arrows and aiming in the direction far away. Pete's eyes trailed in the direction of the aim only to be left horrified. The person was aiming the arrows towards Ae who was walking away with the concubine.

Pete turned around and began to run after Ae. All he knew right now was he wanted to save Ae. No matter how cruel his husband had been, he couldn't bear anyone getting hurt. "Ae!! Ae!!" Pete called out loudly. But Ae ignored the calls and headed towards the castle. The woman in his arms turned around to look at Pete and smirked when she found him running after Ae. She purposely leaned her head on Ae's shoulder pretending to be getting intimate while Pete still kept running.

"AE!!! AE!!" Pete called again but the arrogant person had turned deaf ears. Pete picked up his speed running as fast as he can. Pete managed to get closer to Ae and reached for his tunic but it was too late. He felt the impact in his back and his body jerked forward pushing Ae.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT??" Ae shouted while turning around and looking at the person who tried to interrupt him. "Can't you und-" the further words remained silent when he saw the guards rushing towards them and Pete took a step back. His mouth open in a silent scream and his body began to lose balance. Drops of blood can be seen falling on the floor and not long before Pete lost his balance and felt to the ground.