Caught

It was already dark outside and the surgeon had just left after treating Pete. He had made sure to change the bandages and apply the medicine to the wounds. The empress too have greeted the prince good night and left. The two maids blew off the candles letting the ones in corner continue to burn so that the room will be dimly lit. They tucked the blanket around Pete before whispering good night and walking out of the chamber. The guards closed the doors soon after which was the cue for the owl waiting outside to climb into the chamber.

He pulled the rope he had been hiding and began to climb being careful enough to watch the surroundings. Once he was up, he hid the rope in creepers before jumping inside the chamber. As usual, he could see the candles burning in the corner with Pete being in his bed and breathing evenly.

He sighed and moved closer, sitting on the bed and looking at Pete. Ae felt like it had been long that he had seen Pete even though it was just in the morning that he had left. He moved closer and slid down on bed while touching Pete's forehead to check if the person was having fever.

Pete who had been asleep moved a bit when he felt the touch, snuggling into blanket to find warmth. Ae scooted closer pulling Pete in his arms and gently stroking his back while being careful not to touch the wounds. Little did he know that the surgeon didn't give Pete medicine that usually made him fall asleep.

Pete was slowly getting drowned into that comfortable warmth before the reality hit hard. He was aware that he was not at his parent's place neither there was someone in this palace that was so close to him to make him feel comfortable and sleep beside him. The queen and maids have left long back. Then who was this person?? Was it Zee?? Or was it someone who had come to kill him?

His eyes snapped open the very next second and he looked up only to see the face of the monster. That face which reminded him of all the unpleasant things. Scared and out of fear, Pete immediately moved away, pushing Ae and then climbing off the bed while dragging the sheets along to cover his bare chest.

Ae was left stunned when he realized that Pete was awake and he had seen him. "What are you doing here?" Pete asked, scared. "I was here to see if you are alright." Ae replied. "I don't think so. What are you doing here? Are you planning of killing me? Was it your plan to arrange someone to kill me by shooting the arrows?" Pete began to accuse.

"Pete, I agree that I have been rude and real cruel to you but right now, I don't mean any harm. Please come and lie down. Your wounds haven't healed yet." Ae tried to convince. "I won't!! I don't trust you." Pete shot back.

"Pete, trust me just once. I don't mean any harm. I have been coming here since the day that you hurt yourself for me. Since the day you saved me. All I wanted was to apologize to you for my mistakes but I am well aware that apologies won't solve anything. What I did is beyond repair." Ae began to speak.

"I don't think you will apologize. Are you doing this because you are worried that mae will strip you off the remaining powers?" Pete questioned. "NO!! I don't!! I just want to apologize sincerely." Ae replied.

"I don't think you are here to apologize. You won't come to me till you want some benefit. Or is it that the concubine is being punished and you want me to help you free her?" Pete asked. "I don't give a damn even if she is killed. Can you please stop talking about others and listen to me?" Ae begged.

"No!! I can't trust you. You surely will have some hidden agenda for coming here. Say it before I shout and scream to call the attention of all." Pete threatened. "Pete, please believe me ones." Ae pleaded.

But Pete was not ready to trust him. After having spent so much time in this place and witnessed what Ae did, Pete couldn't believe that Ae would actually change. Ae had been selfish and so much self absorbed that he never thought about someone else.