Danger

"Pete!! Pete!! Slow down... We need to head back home!!" Zee called from behind as they were riding the horse. "It's fun being out. Can we stay little longer?" Pete pleaded. "I am afraid not... Because, I am having some important work to deal with. The empress wants me to do some investigation so I will probably have to head back as soon possible." Zee replied.

"Oh!! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Pete questioned. "It's our routine to practice and spend time together so I don't want to skip it. Besides, if I didn't had to do the investigation, I would have surely loved to spend some more time here. May be we can come here the next time?" Zee suggested.

"But you have to make time for me next time because I love this place. It's so beautiful." Pete added. "Yes your highness... I will talk to her majesty and we can come here next time. But for now, let's head back home." Zee replied.

Pete pulled the reins which made the horse slow down and stop. He then began to guide the animal to turn around in order to head back home. By now, Zee had already managed to turn around and was waiting for Pete. "You still need to learn some more." Zee commented.

"I know... I am trying my best. I hope I would be able to do it much better way." Pete replied. "You will. I will show you some tricks and you will be able to ride the horse without anyone's assistance." Zee replied.

Pete nodded and the two began their journey towards the palace. The sun was already setting giving them a cue that it was already time to head back. They had reached just half of the way when Zee felt something suspicious. As they were passing through the woods, he felt like someone was following them. He could feel some movements in his peripheral vision which got him cautious.

Zee got alert and immediately reached his hand for the arrows. Keeping his eyes on the surrounding and waiting for the next movement. Pete was not even aware about his surroundings as he headed to the palace.

*Whoosh*

Pete was startled when a figure in black cloak appeared in front of him out of nowhere. He can feel the goose bumps rising as fear begins to crawl inside him. He managed to halt the horse avoiding to run into the person.

Zee who had already sensed the danger, immediately pulled out an arrow and shot towards the person. It hit him right in the arm making him yelp and fall down from the horse. The animal got frightened and immediately ran away dragging the person along. Zee wanted to follow the suit but then Pete would have been left alone so he decided to prioritize Pete's safety.

"Let's hurry back. I need to send people to search for the traitor." Zee informed Pete. Pete was snapped out of his shocked state when he heard Zee's voice close to him. He turned his head in the direction of Zee who was now close to him.

"I am scared." Pete admitted. "Don't worry. I will get you back to palace safely." Zee assured. They began their journey again with Zee watching out the surroundings for potential danger. He knew that the man wasn't alone.

Pete and Zee arrived safely at the outskirts of the kingdom where they could see the soldiers patrolling. When they saw the knight and the prince approaching, they began to bow and greet them.

Zee stopped in his tracks to talk to the soldiers. "Take the prince back to the palace and I want four more soldiers to follow me." Zee ordered. Soon, two soldiers arrived to take Pete back to palace while the four got ready to go along with Zee.

"Your highess, inform her majesty about the incident and tell her that I am out to investigate the matter." Zee said. "Take care Sir Zee." Pete replied as he looked at the person who began to rush in the direction of wood followed by the four other soldiers.

Pete was brought back to palace safely and soon the news was disclosed to the emperor and his wife. Within a split second, two squads were ordered to go into the wood to join the investigation while the other soldiers were put on alert for the safety. The enemy was already lingering close by.