Separation

Pete appeared in front of the four people who stood outside talking. "It was nice meeting you all. And thank you for having stood beside me in good and bad times. I will forever treasure the memories. It's time.... I should take your leave. Good bye." Pete said in a low tone. His heart breaking with each passing second.

"It was nice meeting you too son..." the emperor said with heavy heart. "I will be missing you..." Zee said as he tried to hold back his tears. "Have a safe journey..." Satra said while moving forward and giving him a hug. "Come... I'll accompany you...." The empress said as Pete began to walk out of the place.

The royal carriage was already waiting at the entrance with the soldiers ready to leave. Zee opened the door of the carriage and Pete stepped inside. With heavy heart, the door was closed shut and Zee looked at the person for one last time. "Have a safe journey..." he whispered and Pete nodded in response.

And then, the carriage began to move and all were waving at the person. They felt like they have lost something really precious. "Pete!! Pete!!!" Ae screamed as he came rushing out of the palace and began to run after the carriage. Zee was quick to hold him back.

"Your highness... Please control yourself..." Zee said. "I can't... He is leaving..." Ae said while crying. The sight was too heart breaking to watch. Pete looked behind to see Ae being held back by Zee. Tears began to roll down his cheeks as the distance between them was slowly increasing.

Pete arrived back in his parent's kingdom safely and the moment he arrived, the news was spread among all and people began to crowd the place to greet him. The whole kingdom was in mood of celebration upon the arrival of their beloved prince.

"Pete... My son..." the queen said as she saw Pete step down from the royal carriage. When he heard that familiar voice, Pete looked up at her and smiled. "Mae..." he called and soon he was engulfed in a warm hug.

"I missed you my child." The queen said as she held Pete in her arms. "I missed you too mae..." Pete replied. "Come... Get fresh... I'll ask the maids to prepare your chamber." The queen said as she ushered her child inside the palace. It was the first time after marriage that Pete had come home.

Pete was feeling more at ease being among the people he trusted the most. He got fresh and headed to meet everyone. He didn't even know that he had been missing them so much till he saw them again. He almost forgot about everyone else.

The queen was waiting for Pete in the courtyard, the tea was already served and the maids had walked away. Pete greeted his mother while occupying the empty seat. "How have you been Pete?? And how is Ae?" she inquired.

Pete was aware that his mother will be inquiring about everything so he had prepared himself in advance. "Everything is fine mae... Ae is doing well." Pete replied. "Thank God!! We have been worried about you. People have been speaking ill about him so much that we were concerned whether he was treating you nicely or not. In fact, me and your father were already planning of visiting you in next week." The mother informed.

"Oh mae... You are just being over protective... I have been fine and beside mae have been taking good care of me. When I told her that I wanted to leave, she immediately arranged for everything. Also, she had appointed someone to teach me horse riding, swimming, archery and all. Besides, Ae's brother, Satra too had come for a visit few days ago." Pete narrated.

"Looks like your life have been eventful. But I am glad that the empress had actually thought about letting you learn new things." The mother said. "Yes... They are really nice." Pete said as he picked up a cup of tea.

"Well.... I am glad that you have been doing fine. We all have been missing you so much. Besides, the palace looks empty in your absence. Now that you are back, it has come to life." The mother said. "Ow mae... You are exaggerating." Pete complained.