Making things right

As soon as Ae was out of sight, Pete's head got snapped towards the door which was now being opened. He didn't even have time to cover up anything so he hurriedly flung the blanket over the other side while moving to lie down in the middle of the bed.

He could hear the guards announcing the arrival of empress and Pete immediately sat up. "Good morning dear. How are you feeling today?" The empress inquired as she stepped into the chamber. "Good morning, I am fine mae. It's nice to see you." Pete greeted.

"Did you have a nice sleep?" she inquired. "Yes..." Pete replied while smiling. "Well, then I will let you get fresh and then we can have breakfast together. Also, I need to talk about something." She said. Pete nodded and moved to get up while she moved to leave the chamber.

Ae hurried back to his chamber and as soon as he was inside, the doors were closed shut. He looked down to find the little junior wide awake. "Now that's a problem!!" he muttered to himself. It had been days that he had actually gone out to relieve himself. The day when Pete got injured was the last ones when he had been with the concubine. After that, his days were spent in finishing his duties and then sneaking into Pete's chamber at night. There was no time for him to look at any concubine.

Ae had to take care of the trouble and he wouldn't admit the fact that he was actually thinking about Pete. When did his thoughts began to stray into inappropriate territory and that too while looking at an innocent face?

When he finally stepped out, his mind began to cloud with various images of Pete and the recent one was from the morning. That face that looked beautiful after waking up and the way the rays of sun would make it glow. That beauty was surely the one to be treasured.

Ae lay on the bed thinking about Pete and trying to find a way to hold him back. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice the person who had entered his chamber.

"What's making you restless?" the sudden questioning from a familiar voice made Ae snap out of his thoughts. "Brother... When did you come?" Ae inquired. "That doesn't answer my question. What is making you so restless? You look like lost." Satra inquired.

"Pete.... When I went to meet him last night, I just wanted to be with him but now, I feel like I am getting selfish. I don't want to let him go but rather hold back. I don't want him to leave me. It scares me when I think about living without seeing him. It's such a strange thing that I am actually scared about him leaving me." Ae explained.

"And what are you ready to sacrifice if you want Pete back?" Satra asked. Ae thought for a while before answering, "Everything..." he replied. "Then think about why you are ready to sacrifice everything for him. That will answer all your questions. In fact, I was here to inform you that por had asked you to show up at the courtroom. He wants to discuss something important." Satra said.

Ae just hummed in response before moving to leave his bed. He followed Satra out of the chamber while still thinking what he should do. He knew that Satra was definitely pointing towards something when he said those words.

"Brother!!" Ae exclaimed while stopping in the middle of the tracks. Satra turned around in hurry thinking that something was wrong. "What happened brother?" he inquired with worry. "Can we have a talk in private? I mean before meeting up with por?" Ae requested. Satra could sense that something was running in Ae's mind when he said those words.

"Let's go to my chamber." Satra said while gesturing Ae to follow. When they finally arrived in the chamber, the doors were closed and Ae turned to face Satra. "I have taken a decision." Ae said. "And that is?" Satra questioned.

"Let's send the concubines home. Let's end it!! I don't want them anymore." Ae stated. Satra's eyes almost popped out when he heard those words. "What???" he screamed at the top of his voice. "Yes... Let's end it... Let them go back to where they came from. I now realize how stupid I have been to fool around. Only if I had realized everything in the beginning, things wouldn't have been this complicated." Ae spoke.