Enemy

When it was lunch time, Ae finally returned back to palace to have food. The maid had already got the food ready and even served in the plate. "Your highness, the food is ready." The maid informed when Ae entered the private dining room. Ae looked down at the plate that contained his favorite meal.

"I'll like to have lunch with my family. Bring the food to the main table." Ae ordered. The maid was a bit furious upon hearing the reply. She tried to maintain her calm as she picked up the plate and began to follow Ae out of the place.

When they arrived, the emperor and empress were already having food along with Satra. The maid placed the plate where Ae usually took his seat and stepped aside. But Ae was having something else running in his mind.

Rather then occupying his usual seat, he sat down beside Satra. "Brother..." Satra greeted. "I thought of joining everyone for lunch." Ae stated. "Fon, I would like to have the food prepared by the maids for my parents." Ae informed.

The maids began to prepare another plate for Ae and soon it was placed in front of him. "Your highness, I have prepared your favourite." Fon pointed. "Alright... Lord Runrot, why don't you have lunch with us? The food is already been served." Ae invited.

"Yes Lord Runrot... Have lunch with us, also, it's been a while that we ate together." The emperor encouraged. Lord Runrot looked at the maid who looked a little terrified. "I.... I will prepare another plate for Lord Runrot." The maid said stepping forward.

"Fon, the plate is ready. Just let Lord Runrot eat." Ae pressed. Lord Runrot sat down on the chair gingerly  while looking at the plate and then at the emperor. The maid was literally scared thinking about the way out when she heard some weird noise. Lord Runrot sniffed the food and then began to feel nauseated.

He immediately got up from his seat and began to run while covering his mouth. "What's wrong?? Lord Runrot seems unwell, just go and check on him." The emperor stated. Fon nodded and immediately rushed after him.

Satra and Ae looked at each other while smiling. "Wise enough." Satra commented. "I know..." Ae replied. The emperor and the empress were still not aware about what was happening. But their sons were already planning and plotting against the enemy.

"Are you fool? Don't you know what to do?" Lord Runrot shouted at Fon. "I tried master.... I did my best." Fon stated. "You didn't!!" Runrot yelled while turning around and hitting the ceramic vase angrily. It fell off the table and clattered on the floor making Fon flinch. She could feel the waves of anger radiating from the other person.

"I missed a little or else, it would have been me in place of Ae." Runrot hissed. "What should I do? Ae changed his plan on the last point. The food was already served but he decided that he will eat with his parents. What can I do? I even tried to give him the medicine through tea but the cat got in between ruining everything." Fon explained. "I don't know. But something is wrong. He seems to know too much." Runrot said.

"I'll try again later. Or may be wait for the right time to give the medicine." Fon tried to make up for her mistake. "No... You are being sent back and I'll bring in someone new to do this work. I can't let my plan go down all the time. Ae would have been dead by now if that person would have been little careful. But no, he just ruined everything for me. Now the guards are watching over everyone and there is no way I am risking my plan." Runrot stated. Fon stayed quiet knowing that she might anger the person more if she tried to speak

He then moved towards the window while staring out towards the sky. "I will make them pay and will ruin their lives. Just so that they know how you feel when you lose your loved ones." Runrot spoke. Fon felt goose bumps creep onto her body after hearing those words. Surely she knew that Runrot was not going to step back. He wanted revenge.