Taking decisions

The courtroom was filled with whispers as the emperor and his son walked in followed by the knight. Lord Runrot was already present along with other members of the court. As everyone sat down, Ae finally managed to reach the courtroom while panting heavily after having ran all his way to the courtroom. All thanks to Zee who caught him red handed while climbing off from the window.

Everyone was well aware about what had happened since the news was spread around like wild fire. The confession from lord Runrot was what made everyone get worried that their lives too weren't safe.

"Everyone present in the courtroom would be well aware about what has happened. About the death of the concubine and the guard..." The emperor began to speak but there was someone who was in utter shock after hearing the news. "WHAT?" Ae questioned too loud. Realizing that he had done the mistake, he bowed to the emperor in apology before sitting down.

"So Prince Ae, if you are not aware and since you have been disappearing more often, you need to know that concubine Han had been killed by one of the guard. Lord Runrot happened to witness it and tried to stop the guard who in turn attacked him and Lord Runrot ended up killing the guard in self defense." The emperor briefed.

Ae spared a glance at Runrot who looked like a wet cat sitting in his usual place shivering. But Ae knew well not to trust the person. "Oh!!! That seems to be bad..." Ae tried to sound sorry but it felt more like mocking.

"Okay, as a precautionary measure, we have decided to increase the people guarding the palace and also from now on, guards will be following Lord Runrot around. Since he had witnessed the guard kill the concubine, we are worried that the traitor might try to attack him and that's why, we are making sure to keep him safe." The emperor declared.

"That wouldn't be necessary your majesty." Runrot tried to escape. "It certainly is Lord Runrot. We are worried about you. And there wouldn't be any changes in my decision. Right form now, the guards will be taking their charge to keep you safe. Sir Zee, make the arrangements." The emperor ordered.

Runrot was more than frustrated as he heard the news. Not only was his plan ruined but also, now he had people watching over him which meant, it was going to be really difficult to execute the plan.

After further more discussion over the matter, the court was finally adjourned. Ae took this liberty to ask his brother about what has happened. "Satra, what's this all about and why did por say that Lord Runrot is in trouble?" Ae questioned.

"Can we go to your chamber and speak? It's not safe discussing everything here." Satra gestured. They then moved to leave the place heading in the direction of Ae's chamber. When they finally arrived, the guards opened the door and they stepped in. Ae gestured them to close the door so they can talk about the matter.

After the doors were closed shut, Ae questioned, "So, Lord Runrot is a victim?" "No, his story gives away that he is lying but if we arrest him, we won't be able to catch the other people that's why we are playing dumb. As you can see that the protection around him has been increased. This will only get him frustrated and he will do something in the rage. That will get him into trouble." Satra explained.

"Alright... And what about the concubine and the guard?" Ae asked. "Well, Zee found out that the concubine was killed long before and the guard became a victim to the act. He must have noticed the culprits that's why they killed him." Satra reasoned out.

"Hmmm... That must have been the work of Runrot himself. If the guard saw him doing the murder, he would have thought of asking for explanation but Runrot wanted to protect himself so he ended up killing him. And then, to be on safe side, he showed up in front of Zee claiming to have done it in self-defence." Ae spoke.