Advances

Days were passing by quickly and each day was a new challenge to Ae who was trying his best to convince Pete that he was actually regretting what he did. But having gone through so much torture, Pete was now denying any further advances.

Every time Ae tried to approach him, he would find a way to escape. Of course, their interaction wasn't possible in the day time since the mother was watching over. At night, Ae made a routine to sneak into Pete's bedroom to spend his time with Pete.

Ae expected that Pete would slowly start accepting him but the distance between them was not decreasing at all. Pete would steal some happy moments when Ae wouldn't be aware. And the reason behind him maintaining the distance was the mere fact that he was scared beyond limit over that Ae was just trying to be nice in order to gain everyone's trust. Even though he could somewhere feel that Ae was making efforts, his heart was not ready to believe him.

It was around midnight that Ae sneaked into Pete's bedroom expecting him to be asleep. He has been held back by his brother and Zee to discuss about some strategies. And when they winded up, it was already late.

Ae climbed the wall and then jumped inside the chamber. It had been cold outside and Ae had felt the chills. He moved closer to bed and then noticed Pete leaning against the headboard. "You are late." Pete accused.

"So, does that mean you were waiting for me?" Ae asked being hopeful. "Why would I? I just happened to stay awake while painting. I just returned to bed." Pete replied. "Can I get to see your painting?" Ae asked. "No... You cannot. They are my personal stuff and you are not allowed to look." Pete replied in a stubborn tone.

"But I am your husband." Ae reminded. "Well, just a marriage doesn't make you have a right over me. At least am allowing you to sleep here. Even though I shouldn't." Pete replied. "And I am thankful for that." Ae replied while smiling.

"Whatever... I am going to bed." Pete said while sliding down and lying on the bed. "So, where should I sleep today?" Ae asked while looking around. "Anywhere you want to?" Pete replied casually. "Bed?" Ae asked all ready to dodge any attack that would be thrown at him. But Pete just hummed in response pulling the blankets to cover himself. "Is it yes?" Ae tried to confirm.

"Only for today. It's cold and I don't want to be the reason behind your cold. Even though it's your fault of sneaking into my chamber." Pete cleared. "I am happy to know that you care about me." Ae said while lying down beside Pete.

"Don't keep your hopes high. This can be called as humanity and I am doing this because I cannot hurt anyone without reason." Pete said. "Can I hug?" Ae was now getting demanding. Pete moved around and sat up while looking at Ae.

"That's the window and there is a rope. Climb off and return to your chamber." Pete said in a cold tone. "Alright!! I give up!! I can adjust." Ae said in surrender. Pete kept scrutinizing Ae who was trying to keep his hands folded.

"You touch me ones and I am calling the guards." He deadpanned. Ae knew that he should not go any further since Pete sounded serious. "I'll try to behave." Ae assured. "That would be much better." Pete said while moving to lie down.

After that, there was complete silence into the room expect for the sound of breathing. Ae would turn his head occasionally to look at Pete. Unable to hold himself any longer, Ae began to speak. "You know when I had first seen you?" Ae asked.

"Wedding?" Pete tried to guess. "No... when we came to visit your kingdom. I was strolling in the palace when I saw you in the garden with the maids. You were probably playing with a cat. I couldn't take my eyes off you and thought that I had seen the most beautiful person. But then, you noticed me and ran away. I wanted to chase after you but I couldn't see you anywhere. I tried to look around thinking that I could meet you but you were so good at hiding. When we finally proceeded to leave, I saw you peeking from behind the pillars. I wish I would have tried to talk to you earlier and know you. Atleast, we wouldn't have been in this situation. Things would have been much better." Ae spoke.