Daxon glares at me from a couple meters away as I look on the ground.

I wish everyone had put up more of a fight, but they just agreed while I could barely find the words to say no myself.

I shake my head.

This is good. I've been wanting to press him for a while now. I want to know who he really is.

After everything we've been through together, I at least deserve that, right?

"You're going to stand there and act like you don't know me? I'm hurt, Naomi." My eyes snap up to meet his as his annoying attitude from before leaks into his sentence. I scoff.

Why does it feel like all the nervousness vanished? With just one sentence?

"I need you to explain yourself before we're all buddy-buddy again. What was with you yesterday night?" I say, crossing my arms as his expression falls.

"I hate... you." He whispers, his voice almost too quiet to hear. My heart stops.

He's still saying that, huh? So it must be true.

"...why?" His footsteps stomp on the ground as he stops in front of me. Heat rushes to my face as he leans in close to me.

"Because you're not all mine anymore." He smirks as I blink.

All his?

"You like Maddy and Scarlett better than you like me, right? Even though I'm the one you should be closest to." I stare at him wide-eyed as he bursts into laughter.

So that's what this was about? Childish jealousy?

He's lying.

But who cares if he is? This is fine. We're how we used to be again.

I chuckle, soon joining him in full laughter.

He holds his stomach as I put my hand on the trunk of a tree.

This is good enough for me. I'm happy like this.

We start to sober up as Daxon walks towards me, his arms wide. He wraps them around me, pulling me into his chest.

"Hey! You know I don't like hugs." I struggle against him to no avail.

Whatever, it's not like I like this or anything. He's the one who won't let go.

I'm so happy.

"I really missed you. I wanted to laugh with you and stuff. We should go back to that place and shoot our guns again." He says, his words muffled as he speaks against the top of my head.

"Yeah, I guess we should." I say, closing my eyes as his warmth embodies me.

I couldn't sleep much last night and being so comfortable right now, is not going to help me stay awake.

I gasp as I'm pushed back suddenly. My eyes snap back up to Daxon, who grins at me.

"You seemed like you needed a wake up call." He says, as I nod, shaking my head.

He just always knows how to keep shit interesting, doesn't he?

"Let's start this training already. I think I'm in the perfect mood to punch something. Maybe someone." I smile, tilting my head at him.

I'd love a gun too. I need one to sleep with. So much has happened, I nearly forgot who I am.

"That's what I like to hear. Well then, let's start from the beginning. You didn't forget any of what I thought you before?" I shake my head, bringing my hands up in a defensive position.

It's weird not having a gun right now, but it's okay. I can handle him.

Daxon walks towards me slowly, circling my body as my eyes follow him. That suffocating feeling in my chest boils.

Why isn't that gone? We made up already.

"Your posture is all wrong, all I would have to do is move around you and bring you up in a headlock and it'd be over." He chuckles throughout his sentence. I scoff.

He pisses me off.

"Well then do your job, exper-" My sentence trails off as my knees are hit from behind, buckling towards the ground. Daxon's arms catch me by my waist as I stare up into his amused face.

He's having fun? Bastard.

"If you would shut your smart mouth, maybe I could, or do you want me to help out with that as well." My face heats up as I find my footing and leave his grasp.

He's toying with me.

"I want to see how long you'll be laughing after we get to sparring. Hurry up and teach me how to beat the fuck out of you." Daxon nods, his smile widening as finally looks a little serious.

"You're the one who asked for it."

~~~

"Ugh." I huff as I throw myself onto my couch, trying to calm my heavy breathing.

That was so much more work than I thought.

"You sure are a fast learner." Daxon says, flopping down beside me on the narrow chair. I groan.

"Move. There's not enough space for the both of us. Besides we're all sweaty. This is gross." I whine, as he turns to face me on the couch.

"Don't worry, I don't care about sweat or anything. I think you look cute like this." He reaches out, twisting my curly hair with his finger. My heart acts up again as I sit up.

"Fine, I guess I'll lay on the floor." I can't be this close to him. It's fucking with me.

I move to get up, but a yank down by my arm sends me on top of Daxon. My stomach lies against his as he smirks up at me.

"I like this position a lot." His arms wrap around me as I try not to panic.

Why is he back to being such a weird ass guy? I don't know why this is worse than before but I need to get off of him. I have to.

"Daxon-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"Why are you trying so hard to get away? Do you really not want to be around me?" He pouts and I nearly hit him.

"Shut up and let go." I state, simply trying to keep my common sense while his iron grip keeps me put.

"Daxon?"

A voice comes from behind us and I sigh.

As if things couldn't get more embarrassing.