"What?" I stare into Daxon's eyes. He doesn't turn away from Brian as his chest lifts and falls rapidly.

"Daxon, calm down bro. Seriously, you don't want to ruin the plan here, do you?" Rick says, placing a hand on his shoulder.

The plan?

My eyes cautious turn to the left, laying back on the man Daxon called my father. His gaze, once confused, has now filled with a fury rivaling Daxon's. My eyebrows furrow.

"How did you find her?" He sneers, glaring at me. Daxon scoffs.

"My parents left a lot more than the assets you stole. They had plenty to say about the secret you killed them for knowing. The secret you wanted to kill me for too." Daxon shouts, throwing Rick's hand off his shoulder.

So... this was all an act?

My breathing becomes shallow as suddenly it's hard to breathe.

Then that kiss...

"Why'd you drag her into this? She has nothing to do with any of this." Brian shouts, finally tearing his eyes off me and connecting with Daxon's. Daxon laughs, folding over and holding his stomach. The rest behind him watch with wide eyes, including me.

"I had nothing to do with it either, right? And how could you say that? She is the reason my parents are dead."

The air is tight as blow after blow impacts my soul.

I shouldn't think right now. Don't think. Just breathe.

"Naomi, listen." Maddy reaches out, her hand about to touch mine.

No. NO.

"Ah!" I scream, slapping her hand away from me.

"Naomi, I-" She starts. Pressing a finger against my lip, I shush her.

"I just need to breathe. Just let me breathe." I say, taking a few steps away from her. Daxon grabs my hand, tugging me in close to him as the shivers going up and down my body, shake my core.

"How does it feel to have something held against you? I wonder what your-" Scar grabs Daxon by his collar, and pulls him close to her. He doesn't break eye contact with Brian, as I move weightlessly with him.

"Don't expose the fucking plan. You want him to go back and make sure our plans are for naught. We've spent years, Daxon, YEARS, and there is no way I'm letting you ruin this. Rick, handle him." Suddenly a jolt comes from the back of Daxon's eyes.

"Damn it, Scar..." He winces as his body weight falls onto me. His grip on my wrist stays strong, until Rick pulls him off of me. I stand apart, watching them lift Daxon onto both Rick's and Cole's shoulders.

What's happening?

What does this all mean?

Who...am I?

"Naomi. Come with me." A voice echoes from behind me. I don't dare turn around, as the rest stare at me.

"Can we...go?" The words fall out of my mouth like bricks, as Maddy nods and throws something towards the guards and Brian. Smoke explodes everywhere and I'm grabbed by someone. We run, going somewhere as gunshots and shouting erupt.

I don't care where I go.

I don't even know who's pulling me as we suddenly hit the air and I see the back of Matteo's head.

Hmm, Matteo.

We jump into the car as Cole hops in the driver's seat and we skewer off. No car follows us as we speed away.

Matteo still holds my hand as I stare into my lap.

I'm the daughter of the man who killed Daxon's parents and for some reason, that was my fault?

OK.

The car ride is silent as we ride into our woods and the abandoned apartment building comes into view. The car parks and no one moves.

Matteo squeezes my hand.

"Listen Naomi, it wasn't supposed to-"

"Did you...know?" I ask, lifting my head to make eye contact with Maddy. She flinches back and swallows, looking away.

"They all knew, Naomi, because that was the reason we met." Daxon's voice puts another knot in my throat.

He didn't have to say that. I didn't want to hear that.

"I don't understand." I look up, turning my head towards the backseat where Daxon glares at me.

The look of love is gone.

I bite my tongue.

Don't break. Not right now.

"Your Dad had an affair with a random woman. He couldn't let his wife find out because he married into her wealth, no prenup I guess. She got pregnant, despite trying so hard to get rid of the baby, you were born. My parents were tasked with hiding your birth in exchange for some money for their company. Your Dad tricked them and sent loan sharks after them. They gave them everything, their company, their money, and when they threatened to expose your father's secret, he had them killed." Daxon says, his gaze burning into me as if he was looking at Brian.

He thinks it's my fault.

"Hey, that's not her fault. Sure, we need her for this, but we can't blame her for her father's actions. She's a victim in all this too." Scar says.

He thinks it's my fault.

"Trust me, I know but I can't help but to see him in her. I thought I-I could ignore it, I know she's not him, but I-" Daxon says, still looking at me.

"Enough. You can't treat her like she's the enemy." Matteo speaks up from my side.

"I don't want to do that, but I can't pretend, not after seeing that man's face." He grits his teeth.

He thinks it's my fault.

"So you were pretending?" The car is silent again as my voice leaks out, just above a whisper.

Daxon says nothing.

He thinks it's my fault.

"You all were pretending? From the start, did you guys actually... not like me?" I look around and no one makes eye contact with me.

I see. So I was the only one having fun. I was the only one who thought I'd found friends and a home.

This was never my home. This was a playhouse where the right people put on the right expressions and made sure I fell right in place.

"Naomi, we..." Maddy draws off. I sigh.

I knew I should've looked out for myself.

"Don't bother." I rip my hand out of Matteo's, opening the side door, and heading towards the apartment.

Daxon never liked me. He wanted to use me because he blames me for his parents death.

He thinks it's all my fault.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guysss, what do we think about the story so far? 

PLOT TWISTTTTT

See you next week. 

Ciao.