"Maddy, you really know how to ruin a moment huh?" Daxon says, as she stares at us laying on top on each other. On this super small couch.

"Woah. I didn't mean to spoil your fun. I wanted to say that dinner's ready." She leans against the door, giving us a weird look.

What does that look even mean?

"Get out. We'll be there soon." Daxon states, all amusement leaving his tone.

Maddy shrugs and winks at me as she closes the door behind herself.

Daxon grabs either side of my face, turning my gaze to face his.

"They weren't supposed to know. But now, I don't care. I don't care anymore, Naomi. Do you know what's happening to me?" He takes his hands off my face and grabs my hand, placing it against his chest.

"It's been doing this for a little while now." Daxon breathes, his stare burning into mine.

His heart beats quickly against my hand as my eyes widen.

"Mine keeps doing this too! I knew something was wrong. Maybe we both have something." I lay my head against his chest, trying to hear the thumping clearly. It speeds up more as my cheek presses against his thin t-shirt.

"Wait, Naomi, get up. I-I think it's getting worse." He stutters. I look up at him and smile.

So it wasn't just me. He's been feeling like this too.

I don't know why that makes me kinda...

"C'mon guys, we're going to start without you!"

"Okay!" Daxon yells back. I lift my head and make eye contact with him.

The smirk on his face sends my eyebrow upwards.

"You... you're playing with me." I get up, escaping his arms and standing in front of him.

"You know exactly what this feeling is." I cross my arms, waiting for his response.

"Of course I do but it doesn't matter. I'm not allowed to feel like this about you, so let's both ignore it." His once innocent tone, has shifted to something colder. Something distant.

I have no words as he gets up and heads for the door.

"I just wanted to see where your head was at. C'mon, dinner's waiting." He closes the door behind him and I stare at where he once stood.

Why do I feel like crying?

No tears come to my eyes as I follow Daxon, heading next door to eat.

If he doesn't care, then I don't either. About the kiss, about this feeling, everything. We're friends so none of it matters. He's right.

I couldn't possibly like Daxon.

I open the door, slipping off my shoes and walking over to the crowded table. Maddy stares at me as I sit down between her and Scar. Her hand sends warmth through mine as she holds my hand.

I glance towards her and see her offer me a small smile. I squeeze her hand as a response. Scar lays her head on my shoulder, noodling her cheek against me.

I sigh.

How did I get to liking these girls so much anyways?

"Okay guys, so Matteo and Cole finally came up with the plan for the 'operation'." Rick says, taking a bite of the mac and cheese on his plate.

"Operation?" Scarlett asks. Rick blushes, seemingly flustered.

Hmmm. Interesting.

"So what's the plan?" Daxon asks, he sits across the table from me, far into the opposite corner. I keep my eyes on my plate, filled with mac and cheese, greens, and ham.

"We're going to have Maddy be a distraction for the guards pretending to be drunk or in distress." Cole starts. The table listens, no one eating any longer.

"And then we'll have her, Cole, and Rick take care of the guards, taking them by surprise and then..."

~~~

"Ughhhh!" I shout, hopping on to my bed. I stare at the busted up ceiling as waves of emotion wash over me.

Daxon. Daxon... Daxon.

I brush my fingers against my lips, remembering the touch of his.

"Ughh, just forget about all of that. He doesn't care, you don't care!" I curl into a ball, holding either side of myself.

Why is he so complicated?

I'm just going to avoid him tomorrow. There's no point in pretending I want to deal with his conflicting attitudes. I'm done.

The moonlight covers me as I drift off to a dreamland full of the one person I don't want to think about.

Daxon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guyssss I;m picking this back up! What do we think? 

I knowww Daxon is being a lil annoying but there is a method to my madness, stick around and find out!!