1

The dim white light coats the room, harshly reflecting off my principal's bald head, into my eyes.

The dull brown walls I've come to think of as a home of sorts surround us, while the comfort of the old red chair I sit on, is still completely absent.

A new picture frame on his coffee colored desk throws of the nostalgic aura of the space.

"I see your wife's had a new baby, what's her name?" I ask, leaning onto the desk, lifting the back of the chair, setting my elbows on either side of the picture.

"Naomi, I can't keep doing this with you. How many times are you going to hurt someone for no reason? You almost choked Megan to death for her spiting a little on you." His pale forehead wrinkles, bringing age to the middle aged man's face. I lean back down, putting all four legs of the chair back on the ground.
"She spit on me. Tell people to stop thinking they can start with me. I don't know why they haven't gotten the memo yet." Actually, I have no problem with it.

He shuts his eyes tight while pinching his nose bridge.

"Naomi. This was the last 3 day suspension I could give you. If you get in any trouble for now on, I'll have to expel you." I scoff.

"Ok." My eyes follow the monarch butterfly landing on his shoulder. She visits me sometimes.

"Naomi! I need you to really listen this time." I watch as the butterfly turns to nothing and sigh, drawing my eyes back to his.

"If your parents come in, maybe we can talk about getting you some serious help." He urges, but he knows they won't come. They've never come in, from the first time I entered this office freshman year to now, my senior year.

"Whatever big guy, I only came in to get my work. Which I still have to do." I get up, heading out.

"Naomi, I know you can do it. You just need a guide." He adds, I wave to him and shut his door behind me. I love that place, it's too bad he lectures me every time I go in there.

I make my way out the office, saying hello to my favorite administrators and such. I reach the main office area, a small petite space, and look to the unfortunate kids sitting in seats, waiting to be addressed.

They all avoid my eyes. I grin. If everyone acted like this, I wouldn't have anyone to mess with. It's still cute though.

My gaze falls on the last boy, sitting at the end and my eyebrows raise as we make eye contact. I haven't seen him around ever. His dark brown eyes follow my hazel. I narrow them at him as I stroll by, grabbing the doorknob.

It would be so easy to stick my fingers in his eyes and feel the orbs burst under my fingertips. I swallow. His cold stare, bores into the side of my face as I open the door and leave. He could be different.

The event quickly slips my mind as I go to do what I came here for. I waltz down the hallway, going to my teachers to collect my three day old homework.

The school day had ended an hour ago, that's when I showed up, so they were still here.

If Mr. Bg haven't stopped me I could've been home already. This was my break, the last day of suspension and I've already over spent my stay at school, on it.