12

Daxon doesn't know that I'm running out of time so I won't blame him.

It's been three days since I came from his house and he's barely come to school. He comes in the morning and leaves by noon or shows up in the latter half of the day.

Either way, he's been avoiding me.

Whenever I see him in class, he has this stupid grin on and completely avoids eye contact.

He doesn't follow me around anymore, he just comes and goes. I'm not about to go after him or approach him first because I don't have anything to say.

He said to wait and I guess this is me waiting.

It was like this before him and now all that's happened is it went back to normal.

The bell rings as 3:00 pm hits on the dot. I grab my book bag and mope to my locker.

Days keep on getting longer and longer, while my urge for excitement sits on the back burner. I'll be sent away by this rate.

My nails bite my palm as I stop in front of my locker, itching for the weight of the gun. I've been playing with it so much it feels strange not having it in my hand.

Closing my locker, I start the journey home and like the day, every step seems to drag.

Daxon is making it hard for me to think anything of him. I hate a liar and if that's all he's been doing to me then he's just as boring as the rest of them. Everyone.

The exit in front of me disappears as my arm is yanked. My body follows in the direction, into a small dimly lit classroom.

My back presses against the door and I look up to see a hooded figure. Deja vu much?

"Did you miss me?" Daxon pulls down his hood, revealing his hair and the dumb grin.

I roll my eyes.

"Do you like tugging people into dark classrooms?" I push his chest, moving back into the room. Sitting on the edge of a desk, I turn towards him as he does me.

"Just you." He winks, taking my place against the door.

"Don't make it a habit." I sigh.

He doesn't say a word to me for three days and now we're having a useless conversation. I'd rather be on my way home.

"I got it all ready for you." He says. My eyes widen.

Maybe, he's not that boring just yet.

"So what do we do now?" I ask, sliding on to the desk.

He slips back on his hood and pushes off the door, walking towards me.

"If you want to see it. We can go to my house. It's in the forest."

Figures.

"When do you start teaching me?" Let's not beat around the bush.

"I have to see how used you are to that gun and then we can going." He says, as always coming closer.

"I can get it today. Let's stop at my house." I say, getting down from the desk and passing Daxon.

"No, no need. If you really want to go, we can just head over." He grabs my arm, stopping me.

"Great then." I rip my arm out his grip, continuing on my way.

"You're excited." He states as we leave the classroom behind us.

"That's one way to put it," I smirk back at him.

"Woah, are you ok today? You just agreed with me." We walk up to the side of his run-down brown van.

I haven't agreed with him before? I'm sure I have.

"Just start the car." I throw my things in the backseat as the engine roars to life.

"Now I know you missed me." He grins, pulling out of the school parking lot.

The first time he brought me in this car, It was a silent ride. I was hoping for another one.

"You're the one who ignored me for three days," I comment, staring out the window.

He did.

"I didn't think you cared enough to notice." He laughs, as the car turns a corner and the breeze flows through my kinks.

"I want something from you and you said you'd give it to me. I was waiting." I state, sighing into the wind as we drive down the road. Blossoming spring buds scatter along the length of the tree branches, purple and pink.

"Can't you just be cute for once?" He asked, turning onto the desolate street beside his forest.

Why does he live here again?

"Can't you just shut up for once?" I ask, as the car parks.

"You don't really want me to shut up." He glances at me, tugging the key out of the vehicle.

"Yes, I do." My fingers wrap around the car handle and I'm out, heading towards his home. I hear his car door shut as well.

Daxon walks to my side, pushing me half off the narrow path.

"It's not big enough for me and your weird muscliness. Get in front already." I say, stopping as he passes me.

"You never take a joke." He mutters under his breath.

I'm not here to play around with him.

Push him into the bushes and grab a branch. Maybe you can stab him to death with it. The wind leaves its message in my ears.

The medicine has definitely worn off. It's been 5 days, although one does should have effects for a week. Why is it a daily medicine anyway?

I shake my head, ignoring the whispers. We reach the front of the house.

My eyes gaze over Daxon's collection, once in that huge closet, and now on racks by the building's brick wall.

Space before the house is cleared out as targets are littered throughout the yard and trees.

"You went all out." The human puppet looking sand bags hang from trees and sticks, like scarecrows.

"The best for you." My eyes glance back at Daxon as he glares at me, no sign of expression at all, except his dead eyes. As I face him, like a switch, he grins again towards me.

He's way too shady, I'll leave it for today. I'm not here to analyze him.

He claps his hands together and shakes out his curls. The forest echoes as his brown curls bounce.

"Let's get started, shall we?"
____________________________________
529 - 8/7/20

Wow we've hit 500!! Remember to vote and comment and all of that!!! Thanks so much

What do you guys think about Naomi?

Next update soon.

Bye bye.