"Wake up, Naomi!" We're going to school today." Someone yells off in the distance at me.

"Can... you fuck off?" I mumble into my sheets, trying to ignore it.

I don't do that school thing anymore, I haven't for like 4 days now. Who's in here anyway-

It hits me like a truck.

My eyes snap open as they land on Daxon, who's face hovers over me. My hearts runs a touch.

"Get up. I still have to get my clothes at my house, you're coming too." His minty breath fans down on my nose as I blink up at him.

"...Did you brush your teeth?" I ask, narrowing my eyes as him. He sends me a beaming smile, nodding.

"I had a toothbrush in my car and I really love your toothpaste. My mouth feels fresh." He blows onto my face. Groaning, I grab his face and throw him off to the side. He grins, being pushed back into my wall.

"That has to be a skill. Teach me sometime?" He asks, smirking down at me.

"No, get out my fucking room." I grumble, twisting to face away from him.

Why did I let him stay over again?

"C'mon. If you're not going, then scoot over. We can stay in bed all day, together." I glance over my shoulder. Hie eyes stare at me blankly as the smirk he usually has on his face, has faded.

"You're not kidding." I ask, sighing. He shakes his head. I sit up.

"Then get out, I have to get dressed." I throw off my blanket, watching as Daxon still stands there, staring at me.

"Stop trying to be a pervert and get the fuck out. I'm not going to say please. Fuck off." I say, waiting for him to actually fuck off.

Just take the gun under your pillow and shoot. You can drag his dead body out like that.

I shake my head. He's going to make me do something I want to do.

He pushes off the wall, lifting his hands in surrender, heading towards the door.

"I don't like the look in your eye. I'll make us some breakfast. Hurry up." He says, closing the door. I sigh out.

He's acting normal today. Like last night didn't even happen.

What did he mean last night?

There's already a million questions that come to mind when I think of him and what happened last night doesn't help. Fuck.

I should've just used him so I kill as many as I wanted to and just kept life pushing, but now we're friends.

How do you act with your friends anyway? Do I tell him about shit that I find amusing?

I shake my head.

Fuck what I'm supposed to do. I never liked doing that to begin with. Daxon and I can just shoot at the sky and scream about our problems. That's good enough.

I get up, grinning as I head for my closet.

Yeah, I won't ask any questions. We can just do what we've always done.

I'll just not give a fuck.

***

I stuff the rest of the breakfast burrito into my mouth as I dive into the passenger side seat. Daxon rolls his eyes as I try to chew the food.

"You could've just ate in here." He says, starting the car. I scoff, swallowing down the rest of the burrito.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" I ask, coughing as the food tries to kill me.

"School starts in 30 minutes. We would be late." He says, amusement in his tone as the car drives away.

"Ok, alright." I state, deciding not to even question another word he says. He's annoying.

I'm going to be too behind to understand anything at school anyway but whatever.

I lean on the window staring outside as the car drives.

Aren't friends supposed to talk during car rides?

You guys aren't friends, he's probably faking. He'll leave you just like your parents did.

I-

"Hey, are you really still tired? Get up, smell the breeze. Check the thing in front of you if you need to hold a gun to feel alive." He pokes me in my ribs hard as I jolt up off the window, glaring at him.

"If I held a gun right now, I'd probably have shot you." I say, a small smile sneaking onto my lips. He smirks wider.

There it is again. That weird thing he does.

"That could be fun. Shooting at each other. We'll see where your experience gets you." He glances at me, taking a corner.

Ensuring me with his stupid remarks.

"Fuck you." I say, my lips stretching into a full smile. He lifts an eyebrow, scoffing.

"When?" He chuckles, as I hit the side of his arm.

Yeah, this is just fine.

"You're childish." I grin, shaking my head. He winks at me.

"You love it." He rubs his shoulder against mine, as I back away.

Maybe a little.

"Fuck off." I say, switching on the radio as One Direction blasts out of the stereo. I look over at Daxon. He avoids my gaze.

"So you have the CD?" I ask, nodding my head along to the music.

"No, it must be throwback Thursday or something." He begins nodding along as well.

"But it's Friday." Silence spans out between us as the car halts at a red light.

Something builds in the pit of my stomach and suddenly, both Daxon and I burst into laughter. My eyes meet his as we both are consumed with fucking giggles.

I hate this guy. I just hate him.

A phone call ringing out from beside Daxon interrupts us. Air fills my lungs as I sigh it out, in an attempt to calm down. Daxon's smile slowly fades as he holds the phone up to his ear. My face mirrors his.

"Why hers? Why would they- Fuck. We'll be there soon." He says, taking a sharp U-turn. My fingers tighten their grip over my seat belt.

"What the fuck, Daxon?" I ask. He looks at me, still holding his tongue.

"What happened?" My voice raises as Daxon speeds down the street we just left.

"Get a gun ready, we might have some company." He says, glancing over to the space in front of me.

"Why?" I say, my stomach flipping as excitement builds within me.

It's been too long.

"Let's just say if we don't make it in time, your house will be burnt to ashes."