My skin stands on its own as I shuffle around in my sheets trying to get some sleep. I clench the gun in my hand as hard as I can but nothing. Not even a yawn.

Why did I let that kid stay again?

No, he pushed pass me, into my fucking house and refused to leave.

No matter how many times I think about it, It doesn't make sense.

What the fuck is Daxon doing sleeping on my couch tonight? I really unappreciated the time I had to myself the last four days. No stress about some teenage boy on your couch. No school, nothing.

It was fun.

I sigh.

What am I so worried about anyway? I'll shot him if he tries anything. That would, at least be exciting.

My eyes shut as I try to fall into the abyss of sleep.

I sigh again.

Yeah, let's just go get a glass of water.

I shuffle out of my bed, throwing my sheets off my body, and shutting the door quietly behind me. I tip-toe down the steps. If this guy woke up, things would get annoying.

My eyes catch Daxon sprawled out on the couch, his hand going over the edge of the side.

Ha, it's almost enough to make me laugh. He is my friend now, right?

I shake my head.

Dumb thoughts, just go get a drink.

I hop off the last step of the stairs, turning left as I make my way into the kitchen. I flip on the light and carefully open the fridge door, taking a bottle out before shutting it again.

I twist the cap open, downing about half of it before twisting back on.

Yeah, I think that did the trick.

"Did you save some for me?" A voice breathes onto my ear as I flinch back. My eyes meet Daxon as he stands inches away from me.

I can't ever just get pass him, can I? He didn't make a sound walking in here.

"What are you doing up? From what I saw, you were just out." I say, taking another swing at the bottle.

Maybe because I'm still thirsty. Maybe, because he's too close.

"I'm really light sensitive. Can't you tell how delicate I am?" He says, leaning in even closer.

Ugh.

"OK, Ok. I get it, back up." I grumble, trying to push him back but he remains still.

Here we go.

"Do I make you nervous, Naomi? You can't stand it when I'm this close to you." He takes another steps near me, as my back presses against the cold fridge front.

Great, now I'm cold and he's playing around. His body near mine warms up my sides.

This isn't too bad.

"Daxon, I'm tired, alright? Not right now. Try again in the morning." I lay a hand on his chest, urging him to move away again but instead the grin on his face fades.

My heartbeat skips.

"I really want you to live with me. It's lonely all by myself and honestly, I didn't expect to enjoy your company this much. You're kind of an alright person, it makes me wonder if I'll regret this one day." He trails a finger down my jaw, as my eyes narrow in confusion.

What does he mean he didn't "expect" me to be like this? Regret what?

"Daxon, what are you talking about?" I ask, as his eyes suddenly widen and he clears his throat, moving away, finally, from me.

"Don't worry about it. I'm screwed up too. Maybe worse than you. Good night, Naomi." He winks at me and walks out of the kitchen.

What the hell was all that?

No, no, just don't think about it.

I hurry out the kitchen, turning off the lights and to the start of the stairs. My eyes find Daxon curled up on the couch, eyes closed.

He's probably still awake.

"You know, even if you're messed up or anything like me, I don't really care. As long as you're being yourself, you're fine, because we're... friends." I say, as heat rushes to my face. I scurry up the steps.

He's really growing on me. Bad. Ugh.

I open the door to my room, throwing myself on to my mattress, and groaning into my pillow.

Why am I like this?

Despite the burning embarrassment in my chest, a small grin makes it's way to my lips.

Even though that was the most gross thing I've every done, it was worth it, because we are friends.

After living a life with nobody to consider even a little close, maybe this friendships matters more to me than a lot of stuff.

He's so off, though. Something's wrong with him.

His body language tells so many different stories, along with his actions and words. His eyes are what bother me the most.

Cold, dead eyes.

Maybe, it's trauma or something else. It's really not my business.

I won't care about that. I'll respect his distance. Us being friends is weirdly satisfying. I don't have to know more.

I hated when my therapists would probe and pick at my mind until they got the bits and pieces of things I wished nobody would learn. I don't want to go back there and I won't treat anyone like that.

I sigh.

It's only a matter of time before someone in authority finds out I'm here alone and I get sent somewhere. Maybe even that institution.

Fuck no.

I'd rather live with Daxon.

I smirk, snuggling under my blanket.

If it comes down to that then, why not?

I shake my head against my pillow, taking hold of my gun under it.

Whatever happens, happens. I'll deal with it then.

I'll sleep for now.

I close my eyes and let my body relax.

"Good night." I whisper, in response as sleep consumes me. 

Lost MindsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara