6

The man pushes up his sunglasses and waits for my answer.

"No, I don't. Sorry." I turn on my heel and continue on my way home.

This isn't my business, and I don't know Daxon. Obviously, he's more than he lets on.

"Wait, miss-" The stranger puts his hands on my shoulder, halting me. I grab his hand and pull his finger back, pushing it to an unnatural angle. The man grunts and clenches his teeth, not making a move to stop me.

I watch the pain reflect in his expression and a delightful tickle runs up my spine.

There it is.

"Don't touch me. I said I don't know him." I press down on his pointer finger, as his fingernail gets closer to grazing the back of his hand.

"Ok. Please let go." I push him away and walk away, trying to ignoring the pounding of my heart. This is what entertains me the most.

"I'll see you again, Ms. Harrison." I don't try back as his car roars to life and takes off.

I don't know why he's asking me questions he already knows the answers to but he's welcome to try again. I want to get my hands on him, worse maybe.

He knows my name and he probably also knows Daxon's been hanging around me, why else would he just stop some random girl? Daxon seems to be in deep shit with the government or something. The guy was wearing a suit.

A tremble goes through my body. I love a well-dressed mystery man. Especially one that makes me want to hurt him.

I take the turn into my yard.

My chest starts to calm as I open the door and slip into the house.

This is why I like to get to know the people I mess with, so I don't have my heart acting all weird and shit.

I want to go back there and spend a little time with him, just a little more. Pulling his finger back was so mild, I didn't even get to see a drop of blood.

I take a deep breath and head upstairs. I shouldn't feel like this. I can't feel like this. It's too dangerous.

I'll want to do something.

I don't know what exactly that means but, I get enough of the gist to know, it's not going to be good.

Relax. Stop thinking about it.

I get in my room, take off my bag, shutting the door and like usual, throw myself onto my bed. I bounce as the mattress panics under me.

I laugh.

Today wasn't that bad of a day after all.

***

I haven't seen Daxon all day. Maybe cause he's been around I've gotten used to him, but he isn't today.

The dismissal bell rings and I pick up my stuff, joining the line leaving the classroom.

Meghan and her goons were around though. After last time, I thought I would jump at the chance to beat her ass or cut her hair, something, but when I saw her today, I just felt bored.

Like it would be a chore to mess with her.

She was waiting for it. She'd flinch any time I'd look at her.

I chuckle. I went 'boo' at her in the lunch line and she screamed.

I turn, heading towards my locker.

Where the fuck is Daxon? I spent the better half of my shower thinking about how to ask him abo-

My wrist is tugged and I'm pulled into an empty dark room, interrupting my thoughts.

The back of my head hits the closed door as I come face to face with a clown mask. I stare at it.

"Miss me?" Daxon's voice rings from behind it. He pulls it off and shakes out his curly hair.

"Not really." The saying should be Think of the devil, instead of Speak of the devil.

"Ouch. That hurt my feelings."

"Punch me." I roll my eyes. If he would fight me, I could already have him figured out.

"Did a guy stop you yesterday?" His tone darkens. My eyes meet his.

Finally, we're on the same page.

"Yeah, and he asked if I knew you." I grin.

"What did you say?" He clenches his jaw.

"I don't know you. Why would I lie?" I watch for his reaction.

He is in deep shit. Ha.

Daxon stares at me hard.

"Let me walk you home today." He nods to himself.

"Why?"

"Cause I'm sure our friend will be waiting for us." He smirks.

A tingle shoots through me.

"Let me get my stuff and we can go." I turn around, not waiting for his response, and continue my walk to my locker. Daxon follows close behind me.

We leave through the main exit, wordlessly, walking out and to the road. I look down the street and, closer than yesterday, the black car parks next to the road.

"Don't look at him, just keep walking." Daxon whispers in my ear.

I nod.

The car starts driving towards us just as fast as yesterday. We cross the road slowly as Daxon holds me back from running to safety.

"What the hell?" I ask, and yet my heart pounds from excitement.

The car stops a few feet next to us as we reach the other side.

Why does he do that?

The man with the nice suit comes out of his car, pushing up his shades. His gun sticks out his hip as well.

"I'm glad to see you, Daxon and Ms. Harrison, I hate to be lied to." The guy grabs the gun from his side and aims it at Daxon.

My eyes widen as Daxon pulls out his own gun.

"I didn't think you were so nosy, Moe." Daxon holds the gun up to his lips.

What the fuck is he going to do with that?

"You shouldn't trust this man, Ms. Harrison. In fact, I think you especially, should stay away from this man." Moe says, glancing over at me.

I don't trust Daxon, but I like the look in his eye. That's why I let him around.

"What you think doesn't really matter..." Daxon brings the gun up to his eye level, pointing at Moe.

"Just come with Daxon, you know this won't change anything. We've been doing too long." Moe's finger moves on the trigger.

We're in public, on a street, in a small community. They can't do anything here.

A gunshot resounds in the air and I watch as Moe's knees buckle and he falls to the ground. Blood pours out his forehead, right between his eyes.

My ears ring. I glance at Daxon, who blows on the mouth of the gun.

"...cause you're dead." He chuckles and the glint from the fight at school reflects on the rest of his face, as he smiles.
____________________________________
209 ~ 7/26/20

Thanks for the love!!! More chapters coming for this one.

Next update prob in 3 days

Bye bye.