Why did I trust him in the first place? He never gave me a reason to.

My head shifts against the softness of my brand new pillows as I clutch the sheets closer to myself. My stomach whines for food but I ignore it.

I'll be damned before I eat a single thing that guy feeds me. Not now anyway.

A knock at my door sends a shock through my heart as I close my eyes tight.

It doesn't matter if it's him. It doesn't matter who it is, cause I'm not leaving this room.

"Naomi?" Maddy's voice rings out from the other side of the door as I glance towards it.

I don't answer.

"Daxon and you need to stop acting like little kids so we can all talk some more tonight. Your dinner is sitting on the table." She says, as I roll my eyes.

All I did was ask one question and he lost his shit. He's not willing to let me in on anything and it's stupid.

This move was stupid.

I sit up, leaning on my hands.

How do I deal with someone like Daxon anyway? He's given me all that I own right now. Ugh.

Hopping off the bed, my feet take large heavy steps away from it. I stop at the door, resting my head against it.

Is this how friends are supposed to argue?

My fingers wrap around the knob. Twisting it, I trudge over to Daxon's apartment.

I don't want to be in the dark anymore than I already am, so if they're having a late night meeting, Daxon won't stop me from going to that.

I press my lips together, opening his unlocked door and steeping into the quieter apartment. No one sits in my view.

Great, they ran off somewhere.

I turn to leave, a long sigh drifting out of me.

"Naomi! Wait, Naomi come back here. We're in the gun room." Maddy's loud voice comes out muffled as I head back into the apartment. The door is wide open as I walk inside of the room. The group looks at me as I lean against the chair. Daxon stands towards the back, his arms crossed.

Why do I even bother?

"Well, I'm glad you're here, Naomi. Since you know next to nothing, you should hear this." Cole comments. I nod.

Someone didn't tell me anything.

"We have enough information to end Legacy, but if we really want to make sure we end the company, we'll need those records in his office. Rick, Scarlett, how's that looking?" Cole asks as Scarlett nods.

"We have some of them but we'll need to access the computer in his office to get all of them." Rick says.

"Great, another thing to do while we're there." Maddy laughs.

"That doesn't matter right now." Daxon says, his tone dark.

"Am I going?" I mutter out. The group looks around at me as I wait patiently for an answer. The silent pans out until a small chuckle comes from Maddy.

"You're a part of the group now, right? Of course you are." She says, swinging an arm around my shoulders as my eyes widen a bit.

You're a part of the group now.

A slight smile comes to my lips as I hold back a grin. My eyes go to Daxon and he meets them again, the same frown still on his face.

Why's he so angry? Does he not want me to get along with anyone? Fuck it. Fuck him, I don't need his friendship anymore.

I don't want it.

"Ok, so this is how it's going to happen. Rick and Scarlett are going to need time to hack into the system so we'll need to break into their company building and upload a flash drive with whatever software these two need to get the job done, ok?" Cole finishes as my eyebrows furrow.

"When did you say we were doing this again?" I ask Cole.

"In two days." I look around the group as his words stain the air.

"So you want to train me, and have me out there with you guys, fighting for my life, all in two days?" They all give me a blank stare.

This is insane.

"Yes." Scarlett responds finally. My lip twitches as my hands begin to tremble.

I might die.

Maddy's arm slides from my shoulders as my head bows to the ground.

"Hey, Daxon, what did you see in her again? Look at her." Rick snarls, a bit of disappointment in his voice.

I might die.

"Just wait." Daxon whispers.

"Wha-" Rick starts, as a laugh bubbles it's way out of me.

How exciting.

My shoulders shake as I try to calm myself, but the adrenaline already running through my veins refuses to relax, looking for a place to escape.

"I can't fucking wait." I breathe out. Smirks and smiles fill the room, even on Daxon's face.

"Good. I was about to beat the fear out of you. Don't scare us like that." Maddy says. I nod, as Rick shakes his head.

"Never mind then. I should've known you wouldn't be so friendly with anyone too different than us." He states, leaning back on the wall.

"Enough with the weird mushy talk. I'm going to bed, ok?" Matteo says, walking through the door as our conversation comes too an end.

"Yup, he's right. I'm going to bed. Night." Scarlett says, leaving as Rick tails her. He nods, closing the door behind him. The room is silent as the rest of us follow their lead. I head towards the exit of the apartment, waving goodnight to my new found companions.

Even if Daxon wants to be a little bitch, I have people I can talk to now. Without him.

Swinging open the door to my apartment, I crash on my couch.

Today's been way too long. It feels like it's been forever since this morning.

From this plan they have, to their reasons for wanting to do this, I still feel like I've just been thrown into the loop. I'm pretty lost. Why wouldn't Daxon tell me anything?

What the fuck is his problem?

I shouldn't have trusted him as much as I did. This might've been a huge mistake and I'm sitting here excited about the next few days.

These people are his friends, not mine. I just met them, they're closer to him. He's closer to them than he is to me.

A throb goes through my chest as my eyebrows furrow.

Why does...that bother me?

A knock at the door interrupts my thoughts and I shake my head.

Why would I be bothered? There's no reason to be. I'm not bothered.

I get up off the couch as the person knocks again.

It's probably Maddy or Scarlett, here to sleep over or something. It's definitely crowded in there with everyone.

I pull open the door, my eyes widening at the figure behind it.

"Daxon?"