11

My fingers draw along the edges of pistols and Glocks.

This is like a small heaven.

The wall decorated by tons of life-snatchers. That's fun.

I've seen every single one of these in YouTube videos and the movies I watch. I never thought I'd see every single one of them in one room.

"When did you have time to cook up such a collection?" I ask, bending low to observe the machine guns closer. Shiny black metal glistens as the lights with the room reflects off every surface.

Seems like he's good at maintaining them too.

I've loved guns and knives since I can remember. Just one of these babies in your hands and you've got the power to bitch anyone any way you want to.

A gun is the cherry on top when someone is running away from you and you literally blast it after them. Too many dreams of that scene.

"I been a lot of places and had a lot of time." His hands skim a samurai blade against the inside of the door.

Daxon stands by the entrance as a lonely look crosses his face.

He doesn't have anyone he's living with. Either his parents have sent him off on his own or he's just by himself. Both ways seem lonesome.

It's none of my business though. He's asked to be friends but now I'm quite content with just being his bodyguard.

"What do I have to do on the job?" I turn my attention back on him.

"You mean being a bodyguard?" He ask.

Duh. I nod.

"Keep me from dying and stay loyal to me. That's all I want. I'll let you do whatever else." He stretches his arms over his head, yawning.

"What do you mean staying loyal?" My back presses against the cold metal.

"If it ever comes down to picking me and another, you always have to pick me. No, hesitations." He deadpans.

His tone darkens towards the end and I shrug. Whatever the master wants, I guess.

"Why haven't you had a bodyguard before?"  The door creaks.

"Who says I haven't?" He observes the machinery again.

"Well I mean, you don't have one now." Except me, but not really even that.

"That's because he decided to stay behind when I moved here. He fucked around and found a girlfriend. I let him go." Daxon sucks his teeth.

Is that why he needs someone loyal to him? So I don't leave him like his old bodyguard did? Did it hurt his feelings that bad?

My eyes stay trained on Daxon's back as he moves, looking at his collection.

I still don't get it.

He shows up to school, says he wants to be my friend and now he's just giving me want I want?

Maybe its because I wasn't exactly spoiled when I was younger, but do people act this clingy and nice, I guess to people they don't know?

Years and years of therapy has taught me people and animals are sweet but they never do anything without the thought of how that benefits them.

From giving to charity to stealing, there's a reason behind every action, whether that's the feeling it gives you when you've done it or the need for something.

If he showed to school wanting me to be his bodyguard, why would he drag out the situation?

I wasn't even supposed to find out this part of his life, let alone ask him to let me join.