TPC - 12

CELA'S POV ~ Sunday afternoon - 3:30pm

Me, mama and Mani had just gotten out of church and we were driving back to the house. I loved it when we could actually spend time with our mama, cause she's always out working. She never has time for anything, herself, us or even to rest.

'Why doesn't David go with us anymore?' Our mama asked and I scoffed, looking out of the window. 'What is going on with you two recently? Y'all used to be so close' she said and I shook my head.

'Mama your son is weird. Always in my business. First it was about Mar and now, never mind' I stopped myself cause I realised I would've snitched on myself about fighting.

'But what?' My mama asked me and I shrugged.

'It's nothing mama, honestly' I said trying to get her to drop the subject.

'Speaking of Marcel, how is my son-in-law?' My mama asked me as we parked in the driveway of our house and I chuckled at her and so did Mani.

'He's good mama, just working and stuff' I said to her as we left the car and locked it, walking into the house.

'You should invite him over for dinner tomorrow night, I'm off from work so I can cook for y'all' she said and I looked at her.

'Wait you're off from work? And are you sure mama, I mean he doesn't have to' I said to her, I wasn't sure if I was ready for Mar to be sitting down eating dinner with my mama, but if she wanted to I guess I would.

'Of course. I haven't seen you this happy in a long time, and I feel like with me working all the time, I've been missing out on you guys' lives' she said looking down and I nodded.

'Okay mama, I'll tell him and see if he's free' I said to her and she nodded and kissed me and Mani both on the cheek.

We both walked to our rooms and I FaceTimed Mar. He answered on the second ring.

'Hey baby, how you doing?' He asked me smiling all in the camera.

'I'm good baby. My mama asked for you today' I said and he looked in the camera, cheesing even harder.

'Yeah? I miss my mama. What she say?'

'She wants you to come for dinner tomorrow night and I said I'd check with you to see if you're busy'

'Nah, surprisingly I'm not. Imma be there tho. What time?'

'6:30. This is the first time in a while she's actually gonna be home for us to eat dinner with her'

'Imma be there ma. Lemme call you back though, I gotta sort sum out. I love you'

'I love you too baby, stay safe' I said, ending the call and smiling to myself.

I've never brought anyone to meet my mama, and she was the most important person, she can accept or deny. It seems like she already likes Mar, so this dinner should go well. 

The only downside to this whole thing, is that my mama told David he HAD to be there. She wants us to reconcile, but that will not happen, until he gives me a hand written apology from the bottom of his heart.

Call me petty, but I don't make the rules, nor will I ever take disrespect. Not from nobody. And what he said was disrespectful and I didn't find it funny.

CELA'S POV - next day - 6:28pm

The dinner was meant to start in 2 minutes and Mar was stressing me out. I had a feeling he was gonna be late, and I ain't want my mama to have a bad impression of him. One thing my mama cannot stand is lateness. It drives her insane.