TPC - 20

CELA'S POV...

I took a long hard breath and sighed. I've been waiting for this moment for so long and I couldn't believe it. Someone had to be playing with me, right?

'Pinch me' I said to Po and he mugged me.

'Just do it nigga' Mani whisper yelled and Po laughed before pinching me.

Okay so this is real right now I thought, composing myself.

I walked into the room and saw Mar laying there cheesing at me weakly. He looked so weak, but he looked better than I've seen him in the last month.

'I missed you mama' he smiled and I walked over to him and sat by him.

I didn't wanna touch him or anything, I didn't wanna hurt him.

'I've missed you so much, you don't even understand. This has been the hardest month of my entire life' I said and I held onto his right hand, and he finally squeezed it back.

'I'm sorry C for real. I'm sorry you had to see me in that position and I'm sorry for the pain it's caused you' he said to me and my eyes filled with tears.

I didn't know what to even say to him, I didn't know how long it would take me to recover from this.

'I'll be right back' I said to him and scurried out of the room.

I couldn't face him.

MAR'S POV...
3 weeks later...

I've been back home for 3 weeks and I feel better than I ever have before. I was finally getting back to myself.

Me, Po and Uncle Dre were working to find out who shot at me. And worse, who shot at me right in front of my girl. That shit make me sick.

Cela been moving distant for real. She ain't wanna spend time with a nigga and I missed my wife. All that time I was gone, I just wanted shit to go back to normal. Ion know what it would take.

I heard a knock on my office door.

'Yeah' and it was David.

'Oh wow, I thought you was dead nigga. Where you been? I heard you been M.I.A since I been gone' I said to him and he looked guilty.

'I ain't know if we was cool man. I'm glad you cool though' he said and I scoffed.

'Fuck outta here with that man' I said and he sighed. 'Aight get outta here bruh, I got sum shit to do' I said and he walked out.

Ion know why he walked round like he own shit, he ain't on nothing. Bitch ass nigga.

I left Po and our workers in the trap and went to check Cela.

30 minutes later...

I knocked on her front door and Mani answered.

'Wassup bro. How you feeling?' She asked me and I chuckled.

'Why you talking like a nigga?' I said and we laughed as I walked past her to get into the house.

I took off my shoes and we did our handshake.

'Where your sister?' I asked her and she shrugged.

'She should be coming back from work now' Mani said plainly.

'Why you in Po's contacts?' I asked her and she smiled before putting her head in her hands.

'Mind yo business youngin' she said and I mugged her.

25 minutes later...

We heard keys go into the door and Cela came in, she looked exhausted with bags all under her eyes.

'Hey baby' she said tiredly and I stood up and pulled her into me.

She tried pulling away but I ain't let her. Eventually she stopped fighting it.

'We need to go talk' I said to her and she tried to avoid looking at me.

'Uh I was gonna'- she started.

'You can do that later, but now we is gon talk' I interrupted her and led her upstairs to her bedroom, shutting the door behind us.

We stayed in an awkward silence for a minute before I broke it.

'What's going on C?' I asked her and she shrugged. 'And what am I hearing about you not eating and sleeping?' And she sighed.

'I'm fine honestly' she lied and I sucked my teeth.

'Stop lying bruh. Tell me what's going with you' I said and she rolled her eyes up to stop her tears. 'Let em fall ma. I just wanna know what's going on'

'I thought you were dead. I can't sleep, I have nightmares when I do and food just doesn't stay down. I'm struggling with this and I ain't know how to cope bae. I thought I'd feel better now that you've woken up, but I just feel worse, and I hate that I feel this way' she started and I rubbed my hand down my face.

'Every time I close my eyes, I can feel and see your body in my hands and it breaks my heart' she said as tears fell from her eyes. 'I feel scared in my own home, just thinking that person is gonna come back and finish the job off or something' she said and I sighed.

'C im sorry, but I'm back and I ain't going nowhere. I promise' I said to her truthfully.

'Don't make no promises to me that you can't keep. I can't take anymore heartache' she said and I sighed.

I ain't know what to do at this point or even how to fix this.

'So what we doing?' I asked her.

'I think we need a break. I need a break. Too much has been going on lately and I don't know how much more I can take. I feel like I'm gonna crack any minute now' she said and cried into her hands.

I moved over and held her, and she cried into my chest. I let her get it all out, and she eventually fell asleep. I just laid with her, I felt at peace with her and I wanted to save this moment, cause I ain't know when I'd have it again.