TPC - 26

MAR'S POV - at the trap - 11:30pm

'Baby, can you come get me please?' Cela sniffled through the phone. She sounded like she'd been crying.

'I'm coming right now. You need anything?' I asked her and there was silence on her end.

'No, I just need you' she said and I started dabbed up Po, and left the trap.

'I'm coming now baby. 10 minutes' I said to her and she hung up the phone.

10 minutes later...

'This shit don't make no fuckin sense' I shouted as I beeped my horn at the person in front of me. 'Damn'

Every time I need to be somewhere, there's always traffic and I ain't even know how. It's 11:45pm like damn.

10 minutes later...

Im outside baby I texted her and I saw the door open straight away.

She got in and burst into tears.

'Mama what's going on? You wanna go to the back?' I asked her and she nodded. We got outta the car and got into the backseat.

She snuggled into me and I wrapped my hand around her, and she started crying into my chest.

'What's going on mama? Talk to me' I asked her and she pulled away from me and looked at me.

'My brother wrote me a note' she said, handing the tear stained note to it and I read it:

Cela,

Im sorry for everything for real. You my twin and my sister, and I've always cherished the relationship we've had with each other. I ain't mean to call you outta your name and I know this note is long overdue. I miss you and I miss all the talks we used to have. Imma come see you, when you feeling better. Love you bug.

David

I finished it and I could tell why she was upset.

'I'm so sorry Cee' I said and hugged on her tight.

'What's worse is that he was on his way to give it to me. That's what Monica told me anyways. I hate that. I hate that I wasn't there for him and that we ain't get to reconcile properly' she cried and I felt like I couldn't do nothing but comfort her.

Cela eventually stopped crying, and we moved to the front and drove back to my crib.

1 week later - David's Funeral
CELA'S POV - 1pm

The guests were arriving for David's funeral and I knew it was gonna be a long day. Me and Mani were saying speeches, and I was reading out my mama's again, cause she just didn't have it in her which I understood.

Our father was also coming, which I knew was gonna be all whole other thing, cause he ain't never been around. Now he's showing up, only to bury his son, that he barely even saw just to leave again.

The story about my father isn't all that interesting, he's just a selfish man who admitted he never wanted kids, but continued to get our mama pregnant, like what?

'Hey Shirley. Hey Mani, hey Cela. How are y'all holding up?' My father said, walking up to me, my mama, Mar and Mani as we were stood in a group together. 'And who's this?' He asked, looking at Mar up and down.

'How do you think we're holding up Shaun? My son is dead. My daughters just lost their brother. Don't ask me stupid questions' my mama said, walking off to calm herself down.