TPC - 27

2 months later...
CELA'S POV - 6:30am

'Wake upppp it's yo birthday girllll' Mani came into my room, screaming at early hours in the morning.

It's been 2 months since David's funeral, and we all been working on getting our lives back together, and being happier. Me, Mani and our mama all started going to therapy to cope with the loss of David, and it's all been working well for us.

Of course, Mani still has nightmares some nights, and some nights I hear my mama crying quietly in her room thinking no one can hear her but I can. I've been trying to be there for them any and every way I can. Even though I have days where I'm struggling too, I have God to make the load easier.

Monica was now 6, almost 7 months pregnant and she was now enjoying every day of her pregnancy. She embraced her son as being a gift from God, and a piece of David, and since then, she smiles everyday and I love to see that. I check in on her every chance I get, just to check if she needs anything.

Me, mama, Mar, Mani and Monica also have dinner most Sunday nights together, to make sure we spending time with each other and so we are all always checking in with each other. Since David's death, we realised that life was definitely too short.

Mar and I have been doing better than ever, and we always up under each other. Im really in love with this man and Im really seeing that the feeling is mutual.

But now, it was November 20th and it was my 18th birthday. Celebrating my first birthday without my brother was definitely going to be weird, but I have loving people around me making it easier to cope with.

'Thanks Mani. But damn, we'on ever wake up this early. You couldn't have waited till later?' I joked and I moved my legs so she could sit by my feet.

'Nah, I was just too excited. Here, I got you this' she said, handing me a cutely wrapped box and I opened it.

'It ain't nothing cause I'm broke, but I still wanted to get you sum' she said and I pulled her into a hug

'Girl, I love this and I'm so grateful for you' I said and she smiled at me.

'Plans?' She asked me and I shrugged.

'Ion have nothing planned tbh. I guess it'll just be nice to be home' I said and she looked at me like I was crazy.

'Uh uh, you need to go out gworl. Do sum or let's do sum together' she said and I nodded.

'Aight but lemme go back to sleep real quick' I said and she nodded before leaving my room completely.

4 hours later - 10:23am...

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing and I picked it up and unlocked it. I saw so many notifications from instagram and my heart started racing.