TPC - 32

IMANI'S POV - 1 week later...

I haven't seen or heard from Tariq in about a week, and I really miss my man. I don't know why he's so okay with me and him not talking. But then again, I wouldn't know if he tried to contact me, cause mama broke my phone.

I only see Cela at school, and even then, she acts like she don't know who I am.

4:30pm

I decided to take a bus to Tariq's after school, cause he was off today, and I didn't see him. I decided to use some of my allowance to buy him some cologne, especially after Marcel beat his ass up.

I walked to his house and I remembered I had a key, so I unlocked it and walked in.

I heard light groaning and I felt my heart sink into my ass. I walked upstairs lightly and saw Tariq's bedroom door slightly ajar. I peered in and saw Tariq bending a nigga over, moaning and groaning up a storm.

'What..the fuck?' I choked over my own damn breath, and they both stared up at me, and Tariq slid out of ol' boy, looking all embarrassed. 'So this is what you've been doing this entire time? Whilst I've been home driving myself insane over you' I shouted and they both got up from the bed. The other dude was tryna gather his clothes.

I started walking out of the room and quickly went down the steps, two at a time. I was just tryna get out of there.

'Wait up a minute, Damn' he shouted from behind me, and shut the door when I tried to leave.

'Tariq move from this door, I'll call the cops' I said and he stood where he was.

'Just let me talk to you for a minute' he said and I shook my head, and folded my arms.

He pulled me into his kitchen and shut the door behind us. I heard the front door slam, so I knew the other dude had left.

'What Tariq? You gonna tell me you not gay? Stand in your truth' I said to him and he chuckled lowly.

'I'm pulling you in here to tell you that I love you' he said and I rolled my eyes, before I cracked a smile.

'I love You too' I said through a smile, and he pulled me into a kiss, and I'm sure y'all know what happened next...

He really not going anywhere.

Maybe I'm delusional.

CELA'S POV - at home - 7pm...

I've been having the worst cramps on my period. And Mar and I not talking is not making me feel any better.

Ever since I talked to him about maybe going away for school, he hasn't really spoken to me. It's awkward cause I basically live here, and I don't wanna go home just yet. I don't wanna be around Imani at all.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard the door slam. 'Hey baby' I said weakly and he nodded, before going into the kitchen. 'Are you just gonna ignore me?' I asked him, still there was silence.

'Aight, I guess I'll go' I said, walking towards the door and I felt his hands on my waist. 😏

I smiled before turning around and rolling my eyes at him. 'Chill out ma' he said and kissed me on the cheek.

'Nah because you wanna be ignoring me, like a weirdo. I never said it was definite, me leaving, but I just wanted to have options, you know?' I said and he nodded.

'I ain't mean to ignore you, it's just, ion know what imma do without you here C. Ion know how the days are gon go if you not up under me, or if I'm not up under you' he said and I pecked him three times on the lips.

'I'm not going anywhere for now anyways' I smirked and he mugged me, and I felt like something kicked me in my stomach, causing me to wince.

'Ugh' I groaned and Mar looked alarmed.

'You ight mama?' He eyed me suspiciously and I nodded, but I was not. I was in PAIN.

'Yeah, just tired' I lied, and he mugged me.

'Is it yo period?' He asked me and I nodded. 'Aight, wait there, imma be right back' he said, and grabbed his keys and his gun, leaving outta the house.

30 minutes later...

I heard the front door shut again, and Mar came in with bags full of stuff, causing me to smile.

'They ain't have a heating pad, so I got you a hot water bottle' he said and I actually wanted to cry. I always got so emotional on my period.

'Awww you remembered' I smiled and he mugged me, whilst passing me one of the bags.

I opened up the bag and it had snacks and drinks, some pads and tampons, some pain killers and a blanket.

'Thank You baby, i appreciate it' I smiled and he kissed me.

'You want me to go heat this up?' He asked, referring to the hot water bottle and I nodded.

'Thank You' i said and he nodded, before going into the kitchen to sort out the stuff.

I felt my phone buzz in my lap and it was a notification from Instagram. I opened it and it was a DM from Imani.

Can you talk? She texted and I blocked her account straight away.

I should've done it before but I just got caught up with other stuff. Ion know who that girl is anymore.

Mar came back into the room with my hot water bottle and he handed it to me. I tucked it under my shirt and wrapped the blanket around me.

'Thank you, I appreciate it so much' I said, instantly feeling some relief.

'Don't sweat it mama' he said, lifting my legs up, so they could rest on his lap.

5 days later - at school lunchtime...

'Ayo Precious, you got some fried chicken?' One of Tariq and Imani's friends shouted from behind me as I went to go sit down at the table.

'Your jokes lame and yo chain is rusting. What next?' I said, turning around to face them, and he was getting all mad. 'Hit me if you want, I know a few people that could tear that ass up' I said, and the rest of them laughed.

I continued hearing snickers and jokes made at my expense and I was sick of it.

I put my airpods in, and tuned them out with my music. I was listening to the new Sza album and I was really enjoying my time.

'Cela, can't I just talk to you for a minute? Please, I miss you' i heard Imani say from behind my book and I rolled my eyes.

'Can't you see I'm busy or?' I asked her, motioning to my book and she shrugged.

'I think I'm pregnant and ion know what to do'