TPC - 23

TARIQ'S POV - lunchtime...

'Wassup' I said to all my friends, as I got to the table that we all chilled at.

'Look at yo lil fat fat over there' Rico said pointing at Cela who had her airpods in, working on something.

I slapped him on the side of his head and everyone laughed, but I ain't find it funny.

'Chill bro I was just kidding' he said rubbing on the side of his head, and fixing his cap.

'Yo jokes lame. She cool peoples mayn' I said and they all mugged me.

'What y'all got going on? You been ditching us for her lately nigga' Tayvon joked and I chuckled.

'Ain't nothing going on nigga. She just cool. I like her vibe' I said truthfully and they all looked at each other before they bussed out laughing.

'Don't turn all lover boy on us' Meghan said and I shook my head.

'I just wanna be a friend to her, she's going through a lot already. I ain't wanna stress her out' I said and they all nodded.

Cela hasn't directly told me anything but I can just tell she's going through a lot. Every time we together it just seems like something new all the time. I feel for her, and I ain't know she was dealing with this much when I was picking on her. That was weighing on a nigga mind heavy.

'Anyways imma fuck wit yall' I said and walked over to where Cela was.

I walked behind her and pulled her AirPod outta her ear and she mugged me.

'Uh uh, not today Riq. Gimme back my shit. Now' she said and I gave it to her.

She was lowkey scary and her hits were hard as shit.

'What's going on witchu? How you been?' I asked her and she shrugged.

'Living, breathing and repeating it all the next day' she joked but I knew she was serious.

'How bout you? What you doing?' She asked me.

'Living, breathing and repeating it all the next day' I mocked her and she laughed.

'Boy bye' she sassed me and I chuckled lowly.

'You wanna go some place?' I asked her and she nodded.

I grabbed her hand and led her out to the schools car park. We got into my hellcat and sat in a comfortable silence for a while.

'You'on have to talk to me, but I'm always gon be here to listen, even though you mean as shit' I said and she chuckled softly before sighing.

'Ion know Riq. I just feel a void in my life, and ion even know how I got here. Like, I was talking to this boy and we was going good. Obviously I knew we had some ups and downs but I ain't think, at the first chance he got, he'd start fucking on other girls' she started and I sighed.

'I really feel like shit, I'll be honest' she said and looked outta the window, I'm guessing so I couldn't see her tearing up.

'Cee look' I said, and she turned to face me 'you shouldn't put all your value onto one nigga. You an amazing person with a good heart. You beautiful as shit and you're vibe is sum to fuck with. If that nigga ain't see what I'm seeing, then shiddd he'on know how blessed he is. For real' I said to her and she wiped the loose tears from her cheeks before cracking a smile at me.

'I appreciate it Riq. You should be nice more often, it suits you' she said and I mugged her. 'I take that back' she said and we laughed together.

We finished laughing and just looked at each other before her phone rang.

'Monica? Hello? Ion even know why I picked up this phone' she sassed and I laughed lowly.

This girl was really mean as shit.

'What?!....oh my gosh!....I'm coming now' she said and hung up the phone.

'What's going on?' I asked her and she looked up at me in tears.

'My brothers just been shot. I need to go find my sister' she said getting outta the car and I followed her.

CELA'S POV...

I ran into the cafeteria and saw Mani sitting with all her friends.

'Mani, I need you to come on. Now' I said to her sternly and she got up, mugging me.

'Okay mom, what's going on?' She asked me, and all her friends were in the back laughing.

'I'll tell you on the way, just come on. Now. Hurry up' I said to her and she sucked her teeth at me.

She told her friends goodbye and we sped walked outta the school completely.

I didn't even notice Tariq was behind us, but I didn't even care at this point. I just wanted to see and know if my brother was okay.

I could not go through this again.

'Why you moving all scary? What's wrong' Mani joked and I sighed as we pulled outta the school's parking lot. 'Ooo, but I will take leaving school early. Thanks sis' she joked and mugged me because of my silence.

'David was shot Mani' I said to her and she instantly burst out crying. 'Monica and mama are already at the hospital. Ion know what's gon happen Mani' I told her as she cried her eyes out.

That empty, powerless feeling I felt when Mar was shot was quickly coming back and I could feel myself about to start hyperventilating but I took some deep breaths.

20 minutes later...

We got to the hospital and all ran out. I saw Tariq's car pull up, and I felt so grateful that he followed us all the way here. But I wasn't even if the right state of mind to talk to him, but I was gon thank him later.

My mama was crying her eyes out and so was Monica, holding her stomach.

She's pregnant???????????

'Mama, what's going on?' I asked her and she sobbed, struggling to breathe.

That truly broke my heart and I ain't know what to do at this point.

'He's...gone' my mama said and I felt sick to my stomach.

I ran to the nearest trash can and literally threw up all my guts, then I felt my body hit the floor and run limp.

I had blacked out...