2.Interrogation

(I'm updating every other Thursday/Friday)

Pain.

That's all I could focus on as I opened my eyes.

Ugh, so bright.

I tried to stand up but found my arms and legs tied down.

"She's waking up, sir."

"I can see that."

"She should be ready to talk now." A woman said matter o' factly.

I glanced around the grey room. There was nothing but plain concrete walls and a table where a laptop sat facing me. There were two people on the screen, a bald man and a dirty blond woman. In the actual room itself stood four men.

A man with short hair, an older man with a funny hat, a Mohawk man, and a skull mask man.

"What's your name?" The skull asked.

My head was heavy. It kept falling over and it felt like I was lifting bricks just to look up.

"I said what's your bloody name!?"

"Your mom's right tit."

"I don't care about her name, I want to know how she managed to get our intel."

"So noisy... my head hurts. That has to be the worst sleep I've ever had. Thanks for that."

"Shepherd, Laswell, give me two minutes with her and a blowtorch, and I'll have her telling you everything you need."

"Alright." The man nodded.

"Sir, please remember that we want her on our side. Torturing her will not lead to her trusting the group."

"Laswell, I don't care about trust, I care about her fear. And if that's how she submits, then so be it."

"Oh, this is some shit. You want to scare me? You'll have to do a lot better than fire."

Stop talking, dumbass.

"How did you get American intel?"

"It wasn't very hard, I can tell you that."

I glanced at the fire as he lit the flame and brought it closer.

"I'm not a hacker, I just did what they told me to, okay?"

"Who?"

"I don't know, some guys. I needed the money so I did it. And they only gave me 30k for it too, so it couldn't have been that important."

"You got ripped off." The Mohawk snorted.

"30k is 30k.

"Do you recognize this man?" Hat man asked and walked over to me.

"Um, don't I get a phone call?"

"That depends. Who are you gonna call?"

"I don't know, Pizza Hut probably." I shrugged and tried to free my hands again.

"Answer the question or I'll burn you."

"You won't be the first but bring it closer, I can't see for shit."

He stepped forward and I squinted to get a better look at his face.

Bushy mustache.

Hat man raised his eyes and pointed at the photo.

"Hmm, I think..maybe. I think I recognize him..."

"You were spotted leaving his house. Gaz."

Gaz man stepped forward with a photo of me walking down a driveway with a large guarded gate behind me and trees surrounding the area. I was in a robe.

"Oh, I remember him. He's that guy that didn't want to pay for eye tax."

"Eye tax?"

"Yeah. I when people pay me to fuck them, they find it really uncomfortable when I refuse to look them in the eyes or I'm examining my nails. So they have to pay extra for eye contact. He wanted it free since it was his birthday but I gotta eat somehow."

"So you're a hooker?" Gaz asked.

"I'm anything for the right price."