94. Question

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"Oh, right. I wanted to see if you wanted to move in together. Permanently."

I blinked. 

"How would that work? You're always at the base and when I'm not at the base, I'm running around all over the world."

"Yeah. But things are gonna have to change. Especially with a baby."

"I guess."

"You're gonna have to work less. Stay at home more."

"Why me? Why not you?"

"Because you spend all your money on those places. Someone needs to have the money for the family. Besides, I don't think I'll be very good with the kids."

"You're not gonna be one of those absent fathers, are you?"

He was quiet.

"Simon, no. Your gonna be there for the kids, you're gonna love them and help raise them. You're not gonna leave all the work to me."

He sighed.

"I'm not so sure I'm father material though."

"Honey, look at me." I reached over and cupped his face. "You are not your father. You will never be your father. You will be the dad he never was and your gonna rise above. I'll be here to help you, okay? And if I see you slipping away, I'll knock some sense into you. How does that sound?" I smiled and he nodded.

"Okay."

"Good. Now let's eat."

We ate our food and chit chatted with each other.

Finally, we headed back to the base.

"YN? YN! Welcome ba- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!?" Soap ran over and flew into my arms, trying to stop when he saw me holding the bundle in my arms.

Unfortunately he was already airborne and couldn't stop himself.

"Shit!" I moved out of the way and Ghost caught him in midair.

"Careful!" Ghost snapped and set him down.

"What is that?"

"It's our new daughter. We named her Kiara." I nuzzled my nose with hers.

"Oh... congrats? Can I see her?" Soap approached cautiously.

"Sure. Wanna hold her?"

"Can I really?"

I handed her to him.

"Wow..."

"Be careful with her." Ghost hovered over Soap.

"I will. Hello! I'm uncle Soapy! You can call me Uncle John or Johnny if you want." He bopped her nose.

"Careful. She's fragile."

Soap laughed.

"I didn't take you as a overprotective dad, LT."

"I'm not. I'm just making sure you don't get her sick or hurt."

"I have nieces and nephews. I know what I'm doing."

She began to squirm and sniff the air.

"Oh. She's hungry." I smiled and dug around my bag. I pulled out a premade bottle I made in the car and handed it to Soap.

"There we are, Kiara, hunny. Eat up so you can grow big and strong!"

I walked over to Ghost. I wanted to hug his arm but I didn't wanna bother him.

Ghost looked down at me and arched an eyebrow.

I shook my head and smiled.

"Do you think you could put the food away?" Ghost asked holding up the take out bag.

I smiled and nodded before heading to the kitchen.