45. Price (100k reads thank you!)

(Y'all, someone wrote a note on my profile board thingy and brought to my attention that someone has a very similar book to mine and I only read the first three chapters and yeah, it seems very similar to mine, uses the same jokes, a bit of the same plot and idk what to do. Like, a friend said to message them but I don't know if I have the guts to do that. I need some advice on what to do. But I definitely don't want anyone going over to bash them, it could be a coincidence???? Maybe, maybe not, idk why I'm stressing about this so much. Any advice form my children would be very much appreciated! If you have read that book, please let me know if you see the similarities too please! But again, no hate or bashing to this person please.)

"Price, you in here?" I threw open the door to Price's office and looked in.

"YN, when the door is closed, please try and remember to knock first." Price sighed and put down the paperwork he was reading.

"No can do, pops. This is urgent."

"Go on. Close the door please."

I closed the door and sat down.

"What's up with Ghost and Konig? You know anything about that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Come on, you've seen how they act. You can't tell me I'm the only one that noticed the tension and attitude they give each other. It's creeping me out!"

Price sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"It's not my place to say, YN."

"Come on, Pricey! You can tell me! I won't tell anyone! Well...maybe Soap and I can't promise he won't tell anyone but come on! Are they old lovers? Did Ghost cheat and run off on Konig? Or even more shocking, did KONIG cheat and run away leaving Ghost with a broken heart? God damn it, Konig, you're the reason he treats me so horribly!?"

Price chuckled and shook his head.

"YN, you're letting your imagination run wild again. We talked about this."

"Come on, if you don't want me speculating, tell me the truth!"

"YN, I can't. It's not my place. It would be a betrayal to Ghost and Konig."

I whined and laid my chin on his desk.

"No fun. Can you at least do something about them? Ghost is getting stricter."

"Is he?"

"Yeah!"

"Alright, I'll talk with Ghost."

"Thank you."

Knock knock knock.

"Come in."

Ghost opened the door and his eyes landed on me.

"Ah. This is where you ran off to."

"Yeah, so what?"

"Ghost. I was just meaning to have a chat with you. YN, if you would please."

I nodded and stood up before leaving to go take a shower.

Price's POV

"Have a seat Ghost." I motioned for the chair YN was seated in moments ago.

He did as told and looked at me.

"How long will Konig be here?" He asked and I chuckled.

"YN is noticing."

"Noticing what?"

"Ghost, I know and you also know how you feel about YN."

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about."

"Simon, it's okay to have feelings for other people."

"Excuse me?"

"So you've have feelings for YN for a while, I understand. And seeing Konig have those same feelings for her is stressful. I'm going to give it to you straight. Konig has the upper hand right now."

Ghost stared at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a soldier taking care of an asset. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Simon, Konig is treating YN nicer than you are. I know you want to push her away, but if you do that, you're gonna push her to Konig. Is that what you want? Don't you think it's time for you to open up to someone? YN would be good for you. She's a good kid."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You can say that all you want. But if you keep treating her the way you are, she won't ever want you."

Ghost stared at his lap, thinking and soaking all this information in.

"YN doesn't have feelings for Konig yet. You still have time. Now get out there and have a conversation with the girl. It can be anything, just make her comfortable and let her feel relax. You have to be relaxed yourself."

"But-"

"You got this. I believe in you, son."