101. Please calm down

(Tw: mentions of pedophilia and no help from the other parent.)

The next time I woke up was in Ghost's arms.

I looked over at the Tv. He was watching some show or movie

He looked down at me and I cuddled into him.

"How's my mom?"

"She's not very happy to be out. She doesn't seem to have any emotions."

"Yup. That's my mom for you. She's been that way since I've known her."

"Trauma." Ghost nodded.

"Yup." I got up and stretched.

"YN. We're gonna find your father."

"No you're not."

"Yes we are. We're going to make him pay for what he did to you and your sister."

"Yeah yeah. Now come on, take me to my mom."

Ghost sighed but got to his feet, put on a shirt and pants before leading me to a room.

It was all white and when I touched the walls, they were soft.

"Of course you're back. You've never been one to listen."

I turned back to look at my mom who was being surrounded by 141 and doctors.

She had scarring on her wrist and arms. Probably on the rest of her body too.

But the scarring an her wrists where the chains were were the worst.

"I came to see how you were doing."

"I don't care. You're pathetic. Leave."

I lowered my gaze.

"I'm sorry I didn't come for you sooner. If you ever want to see Makia..."

"Why would I want to see that shit stain?"

"We didn't have a good life either you know. If he hurt us in the basement, you'd just watch or look away. You're not mother of the year either."

"Why would I help you? You're a burden. I never wanted you."

"I understand. But we were still your children."

"It was a relief when your father started using you instead of me. You don't know what a weight was lifted off my chest."

"You're just as disgusting as him."

She stood up so fast that the chair she was sitting on fell over and she slammed her hands on the table.

"YOU DON'T GET TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO TO SURVIVE AND KEEP MYSELF SAFE! IF THAT MEANS SACRIFICING YOU AND MAKIA, THEN SO BE IT! I DON'T CARE. IT WAS EITHER ME OR YOU AND I CHOSE ME! I REGRET NOTHING!"

I walked over and slapped her across the face.

"This whole family sucks." I snapped.

Ghost pulled me away and I pulled my arm free before making my way out of the room.

Ungrateful ass bitch.

"YN!" Ghost's hurried steps came closer and closer. "YN!"

I ignored him and went to Kiara's room.

I picked up the sleepy bean and cradled her in my arms.

"YN?"

I sniffled, tears already running down my face.

I couldn't stop them.

And after that conversation with my mom, I didn't have the energy to fight them back.

"YN..."

"How could she say those things? She's my mother. How could she not want to protect me? I pushed the blanket back a bit to see her face better.

"YN...what did she say to you?"

"She let him use us to save herself. And she doesn't regret any of it. She was just happy to have him off her."

"Oh YN...I'm so sorry..."

"It's fine." I wiped the tears away with my shoulders. "I just don't understand how you can look at something so small... so helpless... so lovable... and happily let someone harm them. I love her so much Ghost! I love her so so much." I kissed Kiara's little face and sniffled.

"Come here." He took me into his arms and held me tight as I cried.

Kiara woke up and also started crying which made me cry harder because I woke her from a good nap.

"Let me see her." Ghost took the little bundle from me and began to hum a little lullaby while rocking her in his arms.

"There we go, you little sweet thing. See? There's no need to cry. Everything is alright."

Kiara stopped crying and stared up at her father.

At her dad.