99. Hey ma

(Warning, Victims of sexual abuse are spoken of like used trash. If you're a victim, know that none of this is true.)

I gulped and watched as they helped her up the stairs.

"Hey."

"What do you want?"

"I'm surprised you're even talking to me..."

"Hmph." She rolled her eyes. "What the fuck do you want me to say? Hello darling? I never wanted to be a mother. You and Makia are the worst thing that happened to me."

"We'll, I'm sure there's worse things...."

She rolled her eyes.

"Get out of my way. I'm trying to leave, can't you see? Or do you want to keep me down here too?"

"No! Of course not!"

I moved aside and she walked past me, no emotion in her eyes.

I gulped.

"I'm sorry I didn't come back for you earlier, ma."

"Don't call me that. Don't talk to me. Besides. What would I have done if I had tried to escape? I don't know this place. I don't speak English, I can't go back home. This is all useless. You should have left me down there to rot."

"I can help you get back home..."

"I'd be shunned by those few relatives that would remember me. I'm used shit. I hold no value anymore. The only good thing about me was taken 23 years ago."

"Don't say that! That's not true! You're a victim! You're a victim, I'm a victim, there's thousands of victims out there but none of them are use or trash for what happened to them! You insult yourself but you also insult thousands of people!"

"What do I care. Once you're used, you're tossed aside. You don't matter anymore. Now stop talking to me."

"Where's Jackson?" Someone asked and I looked over confused.

Cops turned away from my mother and I and looked around.

"You lost him?! Agh!" I  shouted angrily before I stumbled backwards as I was hit in the face with something hard.

I looked up to see Gaz and Johnny fighting to take the rock out of my mom's hand. She stared at me blankly and Ghost ran to my side.

"Are you alright? You're bleeding!"

"I'm fine. Where's Jackson?" I looked around and the cops all scurried about looking for him.

"I told you to leave it to me!" I snapped and everyone looked at me.

"YN, wait!"

"No! You let him escape! This was a mistake!" I threw my arms in the air and stormed off to my car.

"YN, we'll find him!" Ghost put his hands on my driver side window.

"Yeah. You do that." I started the car and drove away.

I drove for five hours.

Finally I reached my destination.

I had turned my phone off at the start of my drive so I didn't have to worry about Ghost tracking me.

I entered the hideout and spun my keys on my index finger, humming to myself as the screams of pain got closer and closer.

Well, I got closer to the screaming.