73. Attack!!!

(TW: Thoughts and mentions of suicide and self harm.)

(Someone else went and voted on all my chapters so I GUESS I'll feed you twice like a good momma should 🙄. Anyways, go read my other Cod books too, they're looking kinda sad. Especially my new Ghost x reader. Okay bye.)

I was falling asleep when I heard a tweet.

Hm?

Silence.

I was nodding off again when I heard a tweet.

I jumped and looked around, wiping the drool from my chin.

"Tweet!"

I looked back and was met with a faceful of feathers and angry squeaks and squawks.

"Ah!"

"TWEET! TWEET TWEET TWEET TWEET!"

"Budge! I'm sorry! I didn't leave because I wanted to!"

"SQUAWK!"

"Have mercy, Budge! I was declared dead!"

"Tweet!" She landed on my lap and stomped a small foot.

"I'm sorry. I was gonna come back for you and Makia soon though. But I needed a plan which needed to be precise. Do you forgive me?"

She sneezed and seemed to think for a second before extending a wing.

"Thank you, you truly are all forgiving and merciful." I shook her wing.

"Tweet!"

"Now," I turned to Ghost and began to hit him. "Why'd you bring my baby on a dangerous mission!?"

"Ow! I didn't! She must have snuck in!"

"Lies! Tweet!" Budge shrugged.

"You! Stop antagonizing! You know I didn't know you were in here! You're trying to start a fight!"

"Tweet! Die! Tweet!" She tweeted.

"I'll crush your skull."

She bit his finger and he flicked her.

She angrily flapped her wings and bit him again, receiving a bonk on her head by Ghost's finger.

And thus began a great battle.

"You're gonna give her a concussion."

"SCREECH!"

"Tell her to back off."

She flapped her wings angrily and I noticed the large rock.

"Oh, this is my stop! Thanks guys, bye!"

I jumped out the window of the moving car and hissed when I rolled on my broken arm.

"TWEET TWEET!"

Budge flew after me and we ran behind the rock.

"YN, WAIT!" Ghost shouted and I heard the car door open and slam shut.

"Fuck fuck fuck!" I typed in the password into the bolder and and opened the door, pulling Budge in before I closed the door.

"Whoa, that was close."

"Tweet!" Budge looked around.

I could hear them walking around and calling for me as I walked down the stairs.

I'm in the sanctuary now. I can't let the boys in.

I'm still a little hurt and I'm also upset to know my sister is dead, but I always kind of knew she'd do something like this.

Just like I've always known I'd kill myself one day. Just like I slit open my arms, thighs and stomach, she did too.

I was grateful when Ghost didn't say anything about the scars.

I knew Makia use to do the same thing but stopped when she met Stacy.

I know love doesn't fix everything and magically heal all your trauma, but it sure as hell helps to feel less alone and isolated with your thoughts.

Stacy is feisty.

When she saw what Makia did, she immediately demanded the end of it and cleaned her up, hid all the sharp objects, much to my assassin sister's dismay, and helped her recover.

I haven't had the time to actually hurt myself.

Not when I'm running multiple sanctuaries, killing people for money and having people look up to me.

"YN! Guys! YN is back!"

I smiled as Mia and her friends, all around the age of 16 ran up to me.

"Whoa, you look like shit. What happened?"