86. Hey Ghost

(Don't kill me for this chapter, I felt bad writing it.)

My head was bobbing from my sleepyness.

Steve giggled and rolled the dice.

"Are we're done? I'm tired." I yawned.

"No! It's your turn! Come on, we don't see each other for a year and a half and all you wanna do is run away! Why don't you wanna hang out with me anymore!? We use to be the best of friends!"

"I have responsibilities now, Steve. I'm going to bed."

"Come on. Just one hook up? Please? It's not like you're seeing anyone. Are you? Maybe that guy you were sleeping next to??"

"Of course not. Why would I ever get serious with anyone? I just sleep next to him because he has good dick and a fat wallet."

I blinked and turned around.

Ghost stood there staring at me.

Shit.

I didn't mean that.

If Steve and his bladder mouth found out I have a love interest, Ghost will be in danger.

"Hey Ghost."

I turned back to look at Steve but he was gone.

Great.

"Come to bed. It's late."

Maybe he didn't hear.

I got up and followed him.

Should I say something?

Would that make things worse?

Maybe he came right after I said that and he didn't hear.

Ghost opened the door for me and I entered. He closed the door and locked it.

I looked at the time.

4:12 am

"Let's get married today."

"What?"

"I want to marry you right now."

"Oh...okay. Works for me."

"I'm sure it does. Now go to bed." He turned the lights off and turned his back to me.

"Why can't I go with you!?" Steve pouted.

"You're not invited. I'm just going because their mission is near where my mission is at. Now fuck off."

"Rude! Let me help you!"

"No, you'll try to take half the money I make. Leave me alone, damn it!"

I climbed the latter and into the hovering helicopter where everyone was waiting for me.

"Sorry about him. We should be good to go now." I turned to Ghost who sat staring at his shoes, finger tips pressed together. "Ghosty? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Let's get going."

Nik gave a  thumbs up and off we went to Las Vegas.

"Are you guys excited?" Soap asked taking the tactical gear off and putting on his good suit.

"Duh! I'm marrying my enemies to lovers guy! Could it get any better?" I hugged Ghost's arm, pressing my face to his shoulder.

"What about you Ghost? You excited?" Gaz asked.

"I'm ready."

I glanced up at him. He was still staring at his shoes.

"Hey... if you don't want to, we don't have to go through with this...". I whispered.

"I want to. I want to do this. I accept this. This is what I want."

"Well if you're sure... I'm happy." I kissed his mask covered cheek.

Everyone laughed and congratulated us again as we sat around with drinks.

I looked at Ghost and he was staring at me. This time, he didn't look away.

I smiled at him.

He looked good in a suit. He looks good in everything.

I'm so happy I married this guy. He's the love of my life.

Ghost looked away from me and took a sip of his drink.

Is he okay?