Rush X F!Reader (Fluff)

Room Zero

Attentively, (Y/n) observed the snow as it trailed down the window. Her vibrant eyes were locked onto a specific snowflake, one more captivatingly detailed than the rest. Its size alone was astounding, but the shape of it, an uneven circle, had her reminded of someone she held dear.

A crooked smile slipped up her face, and a light-hearted scoff shook her. She swore she could hear her heart beat quicken at the mere thought of him. Just the reminder of him brought her an indescribable feeling; the yearning desire of his presence, to be held in his bare arms, close to his toned, broad figure struck her.

Her irises twinkled as brightly as the lights of the Christmas tree they'd put up together a week prior. How they laughed as Rush dabbled with the lights, accidentally trapping himself in them. She was fond of the grin on his face; the memorably white teeth that crept out of his mouth and the way his lower eyelids would curve upwards were so charming to her.

A lightly rustle of tinsel caught her attention and she whirled around to catch Screech carefully adjusting the streaky red on the tree. Squinting his moon-white eyes, Screech positioned the tinsel more to his liking, perching it on one of the higher branches.

"Having fun over there?" (Y/n)'s bubbly voice managed to return the startled surprise she was given from him.

His body shook, his head jolting upright so he could stare her in the eyes guiltily. His slouched posture straightened as his hands moved from the tree to avoid appearing incriminated,"I've not done anything, I swear!"

Raising one of her eyebrows, (Y/n)'s glare sharpened in a perplexed way,"Why do you think moving tinsel would get you in trouble?"

"I don't know.." Screech murmured, burying his hands into the pockets of his tattered, aged hoodie,"..Rush said he wanted to see you in room 47. Said it was urgent enough to send me to tell you."

Relaxing a hair, she barely managed to keep from expressing her elation. Her lips trembled with a repressed smirk as she grinned at Screech,"Alright, I'll see what he wants."

She could tell Screech's questioning glance was on her as she trotted out the room in search of Rush.

-------------------------------

Room Forty Seven

Rush leaned forwards off of the bed, his elbows stabilising his upper body on his knees.

His hands gripped one another, an anxiety overcoming him as he fidgeted. Frowning to himself, he bowed his head and heaved out a sigh at three darkening realisation she wasn't coming.

Resisting his forehead on his hands, he gritted his teeth. Wasn't his efforts enough?

A person hung about in the doorway. Their feminine frame was a giveaway sign, and Rush's grin returned to his face.

"My dearest, you came!" His ecstatic tone caused her heart to jump as he spoke so lovingly to her,"I have something arranged for us to if you'd like to do it."

Her hunger for answers pressed him on, and he continued,"There's this thing in the human world you call 'Netflix and Chill', and I felt you would enjoy it."

The creases of her mouth were lifted into a smirk,"Netflix and Chill? You'd like to watch Netflix with me?"

Scratched the back of his neck to ease the tension he blurted,"I-If you don't want to, that's completely okay! I didn't mean to interrupt you, whatever it was you were doing."

Her smirk broadened as she heard how concerned he was about her. His interception was a blessing in disguise, luring her away from her boredom and into the arms of the one she loved mostest.

Stepping into the bedroom, she enveloped his shoulders in her embrace, her chest squished against his. A coral blush filled his otherwise grey cheeks as she whispered in his ear,"I adore any time we spend together."

His skin was pricked with goosebumps, and he shivered as her low tone got to him.

Pushing him onto the bed, she let out a burst of laughter as he remained frozen in place. Crawling into his chest, she sat on his stomach and stared down at him, her eyes locking with his.

His empty black eyes didn't appear so hollow, and she leaned closer to kiss him.

"Come on, silly, let's watch a movie!" She cheerily chuckled, crawling towards the head of the bed.

Tucking herself under the duvet, she snuggled up in his bed, her head resting snugly on his pillows. Relaxed, she gave a contented sigh.

Dangling over the edge of the bed, Rush retrieved some boxes of snacks he'd stored there for the sole purpose of that moment.

Once he'd gathered everything he assumed he needed, he pulled himself upright and dove toward (Y/n), burying himself in the covers.

Immediately after he did, she slid into his grasp, her head resting on his chest. His fingers ran through her hair, combing through it gently as they scrolled.

The smorgasbord of movies that Netflix consisted of didn't seem to get either of their interests and the monotonous task wasn't paying off.

"Y'know, we could just lay here like this. I like this; just the two of us laid here." She told him, hearing his heartbeat gradually pick up.

Doubting himself, Rush awkwardly smiled at her dancing eyes,"Are you sure? You're not disappointed in me?"

Ridding her visage of any traces of the smile, she asked in a toneless voice,"What reason do I have to be disappointed in you?"

"I mean, this is a sad excuse of a date, isn't it? You're bored, aren't you?" Rush scoffed, not understanding why she enjoyed his company so much.

Lifting her head up, she looked at him,"As long as you're here, I'm enjoying myself. My time's well spent as long as it's spent with you."

His eyes grew glossed by tears which he refused to let fall,"(Y/n).."

The pitiable weakness in the way he called her name tugged her heartstrings. Gesturing over to a bag of chocolates, (Y/n) snickered,"Pass me the Maltesers and we'll lay here and talk. Sound good?"

Resting his left hand on the side of her settled head, he pet her. Extending his unoccupied hand, he retrieved the aforementioned chocolates, giving them to his sweetheart,"It sounds very nice, yes."

They went on for hours, babbling on about near enough every topic that snuck into their minds, gobbling snacks all the while. Even if they didn't manage to pick out a movie, they'd enjoyed themselves.

Their night ended when Rush had gone to sleep, midway into their conversation. (Y/n) beamed at him while he slept, following suit after she'd given him a forehead kiss and a headpat.

"I know you're trying to be strong for me, but let me be strong for you, too."

With that, she let herself drift off into a light slumber, her head atop her lover's chest.