3

Enjoy Reading

*********************************

"Di, taste it," Avni said forwarding a spoon of kheer to Preet which she prepare for everyone.

"hmm..." Preet taste and made a face analysing the taste of Kheer. Avni look at her like a kid with her impatient puppy eyes.

"You are scaring me, Di," Avni whine when Preet make a serious face.

Preet laughs a little before showing her thumb-ups.

"Perfect and very tasty," Avni grinned hearing praise from her after all she is a professional chef and her opinion matters to her.

"Let's set the dinner table. Everyone must be coming downstairs for breakfast," Saying they started arranging the breakfast on the dining table.

Soon everyone comes into the dining room and take their seats at the dining table.

Preet serve breakfast to everyone while Avni serve the dessert she prepared.

"Where is Veer, Preet beta?" Rajveer asked before he began his breakfast.

"He has some work so he leaves for the office early today," Rajveer sighed and shake his head.

"This boy. He never listened to me. He is having scolding deficiency again" he said making everyone chuckle as he always scold Veer for being a workaholic still Veer always defy him and the cycle goes on.

After a delicious breakfast, everyone praise Avni for her Kheer and gave her gifts as it was her first time cooking something as a daughter-in-law of Rajvansh.
Then everyone get back to their work.  Preet also went to her restaurant.

In the evening

Preet is arranging her closet when she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in," she softly said. The door open revealing a house help.

"Ji?"

"Ma'am, Veer Sahab is asking for his luggage as he has to leave for London in an hour," Preet look at him surprised and hurt.

"Where is he?" her voice comes out a little hoarse due to heaviness in her throat.

"Sahab called from office," He informed her. She nodded trying her best to not show she is hurt.

"Umm, I will pack his bag then call you," the servant nodded and went away after bowing at her in respect.

She quickly pack his clothes and other necessary things before calling someone to take his bag.

Looking at the car leaving the Rajvansh Villa from her room window, she sigh sadly then go inside the room.

As she was about to lay down, her phone started ringing beside her. She looked at caller ID and frown seeing Veer's name on the screen.

She quickly received the call and wait for him to say something,

"Preet..." her body shivers hearing his deep yet soft voice. Her name always sound so good from his mouth. She loves it when he say her name.

"Ji..."

"Thank you for packing my bag," he said. He is always a gentleman. Always acknowledge others help and effort. That's one of the reasons she respect him a lots as a person.

"I..it's okay," she whispers tucking her hair behind her ear while smiling slightly.

"I will stay there for two or three days. It's a sudden meeting even though I don't any idea about this..." Preet smile as he is trying to explain himself and the situation.