7

Finally here is the update!!!!

Enjoy Reading...

**********************************

"You didn't leave for home yet?" Preet look up from the file which she was reading and smile slightly finding her one of the employee and shook her head.

"No, I have to check this month accounts and budget," she inform and again look down at the file in her hand.

"You all should go it is getting late for you guys," she told them seeing other staff still working.

"We will wait till you finishes you work, di,"

"It's okay, you all can go. I am also leaving in a while, don't worry. Now go and rest well," reluctantly her employees left after her assurance.

She smiles shaking her head at her caring and loving employee. They are more like a family than employees to her.

Again she gets busy with work and didn't know when the time flies and it was already 11 pm.

She look at the wall clock at sigh tiredly. She arrange the file and stand up to put them on the self.

Suddenly the power goes off when she was placing the files making her scared.

Taking a deep breath and gulp in fear, she look around the room only to see darkness around her.

With heavy steps, she started walking toward her desk to take her phone for a flashlight.

She flinch and jump back when suddenly the door of the office opened.

She stop breathing looking at the dark figure near the door. Unconsciously she started walking backward as the sudden fear took over her senses.

She look around to find something for her defence if needed in case. With her trembling hand she tried to pick a metal vase placed on the table behind her but it fell from her hand making a loud noise that echoes in the room along with her horrifying scream.

Her soul almost left her body seeing the shadow run toward her direction.

"Ple...ase, I...don't hurt m...e" she said in a frightful tone while walking backward in fear.

"Hey...shh," the husky whisper said coming toward her.

"No, ...pl..ease," she keep murmuring and tears started flowing from her eyes.

The person suddenly holds her shoulders stop her from moving further but she flinches badly at his touch and started struggling in his hold.

"Leave me!! Don't touch me, leave! AHHmmmm," she started shouting while thrashing. The person tried to stop her but when she didn't listen.

That person cover her mouth with his palm stopping her from shouting.

"Stop shouting, Preet. It's me...Veer," she stop moving and look at his face. He bought his phone near his face so that she can see him clearly.

She stop shouting under his palm as more tears left from her eyes in relief.
They keep looking into each other eyes. Her shiny tear brimmed eyes made his heart clench in pain.

He slowly removes his hand from her mouth and bring his thumb up he gently wipe the tears from her cheeks.

"It's okay," he softly said when he see her chin tremble slightly.

She keep looking at him for sometime before an angry pout formed on her face as she tried to glare at him making her look more adorable.

"Who comes like this, like a ghost huh?" she complain and started punching his chest while crying remembering how scared she got.

"You know how much I got scared, ...just because of you. You are so bad. I almost die due to fear. Ahhhhh!!! You are so bad Veer," she kept sobbing like a baby while hitting him with her fists.

"Ouch!! Ah!..oh Preet, stop it!! Ow!! Stupid girl stop now. I am sorry...Ahh!!" he wince in pain and started moving back to save himself from her punches.

He hold her wrist in his hand and in a swift movement pinned her on the wall. She gasped at his action and look at him with her lips parted slightly.

"Aren't you getting a little too much violent, huh?" he whispered looking into her eyes which were still glossy due to her crying session.

"I am really sorry for scaring you. I didn't meant to," his voice turn softer.

Preet blink her eyes innocently while staring at his face.

At the same time, the power comes back making the dark room brighten up. Now she notice him wearing a casual grey t-shirt with blue jeans.

She snap her head at his face hearing him clearing his throat and releases her wrists before taking few steps back.

She look down and wipes her face with her shirt sleeves.

"What are doing here?" she asked him, confused at his sudden visit at this time.

"It was too late and when you didn't return home, So I got wor- um I mean I just come to check on you," he said nervously looking around her small cozy office.

Her lips suddenly turn upward slightly at his care. Even when he didn't admit but she knew.

"Sorry for the trouble, I was just wrapping up my work. Give me a minute," he simply nodded at her.

He opened the door of his car for her. She smiles slightly before taking the passenger seat and buckle her seat belt. He also sat on the driver seat before starting the car and reversing it from the parking area.

There was a pin-drop silence inside the car. He has his full attention on the road while Preet was looking outside the window lost in another world.

"Ruhi also join you on your business trip?" She suddenly asked and looked at him.

Veer glances at her before again looking back at the road.
"Hmm," he hummed making.

"Oh!!" she whispered before turning back to the window. But from inside, her insecurities took over her thinking capacity.

No, she trust her husband, her Veer but she is afraid of her cunning cousin who can do anything just to make her feel worthless. Ruhi is a very vile woman who can go to any length to satisfy her so-called ego.

Preet startled badly when her side of door open suddenly. She look up to see Veer standing there holding the door open for her.

"You okay?" he asked seeing her lost.

"Huh...mm, yeah," she whispered while trying to smile but failing badly. She get down of the car and thank him before they together entered inside the Villa.

When Preet comes out of the bathroom after taking a shower, she found Veer already sleeping peacefully. She smile slightly and lay down after off the light.

She faced him and smiled while looking at his handsome face with pure adoration in her eyes.

"You know na I love you so much. Maybe that's why I am scared for you, for me...for us. I won't let that witch Ruhi to come between us. I hate her," she pout angrily while cursing Ruhi. But again smile sweetly looking at his serene face.

"I have to do something about her. She is getting annoying and intolerable as much as I tried to ignore her. But not anymore," Preet said with fire and determination in her beautiful hazel orbs.

Just like that she slept while cursing Ruhi as she was having one sided talk with Veer in a low whisper.

********************************

Thank for Reading...

Sorry my beautiful readers for not updating for so long and lots of thank you for waiting so patiently.
I will try to update soon as I am busy
with my studies as my exams are approaching.

And Don't forget to Vote N Comment.

See you soon

Till then
Take care 🥰
Be happy and healthy 😇

Love you all😘